Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 7:58:48 PM EDT
I just got back, good flick. Very funny, some pop-up scary parts.

Starts off a little slow setting up the town, and personal relationships around; then comes the invasion. It really starts to roll there and there's a ton of funny shit going on, some great lines ("If I weren't about to shit myself that'd be real interesting."). There was a ton of meat-splattering, and some nice headshots.

Lots of recognizable people in it as well. The father from Mallrats, the secretary from The Office, the blonde from the bar in 40 year old virgin, and of course Captain Mal from Firefly.

I'll be seeing it again.

*Edited to add...

The more I think about it, there actually was quite a bit of gore.  I didn't really think about it during the movie because it's offset by the humor.  They include a bit of everthing... a guy getting cut straight down the middle, a lady exploding, about 4 or so headshots with anything from a shotgun to a revolver, a guy getting stabbed with a pole, a guy exploding, stabbing, other impalements, etc. Oh yeah and simulated tentacle-ish sex situations.

Found some production stills:

Nice bathtub scene.

"Meeeeat!"

"For better or worse..."

"Can you get that possum over there? I'm huuuuungry!"
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
OMG theis Movie is a Gucking Riot!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#3]

DUPE

Eh? Mines on top though. (and I've got pictures)

Oh well, It ain't me posting without being a dupe.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

DUPE

Eh? Mines on top though. (and I've got pictures)

Oh well, It ain't me posting without being a dupe.

Just giving you a hard time, no worries
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top