Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 8:00:00 AM EDT
it was DAMNED good.  I'd definitely like to see it made into a series.  OBVIOUSLY the star wars comparisons abound, but it just seemed less gay and the hot chick (Morena Baccarin) was fifty times Princess Leah on the hot-oh-meter.

IS that a bergman charger loaded pistol he uses?  wtf?

also, I'm guessing firefly and serenity are somewhat related?  They have all the same actors, can't be a coincidence right?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
it was DAMNED good.  I'd definitely like to see it made into a series.  OBVIOUSLY the star wars comparisons abound, but it just seemed less gay and the hot chick (Morena Baccarin) was fifty times Princess Leah on the hot-oh-meter.

also, I'm guessing firefly and serenity are somewhat related?  They have all the same actors, can't be a coincidence right?

Firefly is the series upon which Serenity is based.  They are entirely related.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ahhhh google is my friend.  There was only one season of firefly?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes... much to the dismay of the director, actors and fans.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Firefly is a prime example of how to mismanage a series that could have been a cash cow providing fans with years of quality entertainment.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Firefly is a prime example of how to mismanage a series that could have been a cash cow providing fans with years of quality entertainment.

It doesn't seem that sci-fi spaceship shows can make it on prime time. It seems like Firefly might do well as a syndicted show.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm almost done with my Netflix rental of this as well.

Nice to see SF taken seriously. This was everything Star Wars Ep 3 was not - interesting, surprising, well-written, interesting characters.

Anyone notice that the Serenity and Serenity 'universe' uses sub-light spacecraft - no 'warp' drives etc.

Excellent SF.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't seem that sci-fi spaceship shows can make it on prime time. It seems like Firefly might do well as a syndicted show.

Fox has a history of fuxxoring up good shows by programming them in the Friday night death slot, pre-empting them for "bread & circuses" sporting events, running the episodes out of order, half hearted promotion/advertising, ad nauseum.  Well, any show but "The X Files" which they should have put down a few years before they finally did.  They killed Space:Above & beyond the same way...gorram Fox!  May the suits responsible end up the the Very Special Hell reserved for child molesters & people who talk in theaters.

Syndication might have worked.  After all, "Andromeda" (Hercules In Space!  ) lasted 5 seasons & it sucked.  Not to mention all the various Star Trek series
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm getting to the last 3 episodes of the series and will watch Serenity when I'm done.

I missed the show when it was first on and wish I hadn't! So well written and acted.

I know it's probably not going to come back in any way, shape or form but that was a dang good series I'd love to have followed for 4 or 5 years. And I have a short attention span.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
That movie sucked ass.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]
In case you don't already know it, Gina Torres has been on The Shield for the past two weeks, looking fine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually my new favorite movie.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That movie sucked ass.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#13]
While the series was slower than the movie, I like the series a bit better. more in depth view of the characters interaction.  That said , I own the movie as well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah I think there is one season, but 14 episodes (so about what, 12-13 hours ?) and its pretty cheap on amazon
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was decent but not enough action to keep me amused.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
In case you don't already know it, Gina Torres has been on The Shield for the past two weeks, looking fine.

I walked into the room where my wife was watching The OC.  She's embarassed about watching it already (soap opera, cheese factor, etc), so I being the loving husband I give her plenty of grief over it.  Of course, I walk in on said cheesy show and see Morena Baccarin on the screen, so I make the mistake of sitting down with the wife to watch. (Mistake #1)  She gives me an evil look and says something like "oh, you like her", and I being an idiot, answer (without taking my eyes off the TV) "that's Morena Baccarin."  (Mistake #2) Glare gets worse.  Idiot husband notices glare.  I retreated from the room with the battle cry "but She was on Firefly!"

On Sunday at church she tells my friends I am now into the OC, thinking she's getting revenge.  As soon as she's out of earshot, I tell my buddies that it wasn't my fault and Morena Baccarin was on.  They understood and pardoned me.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I walked into the room where my wife was watching The OC.  She's embarassed about watching it already (soap opera, cheese factor, etc), so I being the loving husband I give her plenty of grief over it.  Of course, I walk in on said cheesy show and see Morena Baccarin on the screen, so I make the mistake of sitting down with the wife to watch. (Mistake #1)  She gives me an evil look and says something like "oh, you like her", and I being an idiot, answer (without taking my eyes off the TV) "that's Morena Baccarin."  (Mistake #2) Glare gets worse.  Idiot husband notices glare.  I retreated from the room with the battle cry "but She was on Firefly!"

On Sunday at church she tells my friends I am now into the OC, thinking she's getting revenge.  As soon as she's out of earshot, I tell my buddies that it wasn't my fault and Morena Baccarin was on.  They understood and pardoned me.  

heheheh - very hot chick that actress is.  very hot water you were almost in.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:31:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Anyone notice that the Serenity and Serenity 'universe' uses sub-light spacecraft - no 'warp' drives etc.

Excellent SF.

They're operating in one solar system.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:03:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Fuck Serenity, I'm still pissed about Farscape....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excellent SF.

still moved kinda fast.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:44:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Bitter much?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:56:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

+ a brazillion

The Browncoats did it once. Be an aweful shame if we didn't try it again.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excellent SF.

Seriously? I thought it was bigger, maybe a corner of a galaxy or something. I know there were no faster-than-light scenes (so far) but just figured they simply didn't show them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#24]
The first time I watched FireFly I saw how they recycled the Starship Troopers uniforms/costumes and didn't like the plot or acting.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The first time I watched FireFly I saw how they recycled the Starship Troopers uniforms/costumes and didn't like the plot or acting.

You didn't watch anywhere near long enough.  You must've seen The Train Job.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bitter much?

actually, I'm still pissed too,
they cancelled Farscape and put out Tremor the series????   WTF were they thinking?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
they cancelled Farscape and put out Tremor the series????   WTF were they thinking?

"Tremors will be much cheaper, and the adolescent idiots that watch our crappy monster movies will tune in anyway!"
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bitter much?

I know what you mean.  Cheap and crappy seems to appeal to the masses... or atleast the execs.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bitter much?

Yeah, I am still bitter about that one.  It's the only show where I own all the DVD's.  I'm usually pretty level headed, but I think that was the best show SciFi has had out for years.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Oddly enough, they couldn't even recycle the original Starship Troopers uniforms in Starship Troopers 2 (which turned the bugs into Alien/The Thing clones). Some, but not all, as the DVD commentary reveals, were obvious hastily (and poorly) constructed replicas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top