Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 7:36:56 PM EDT
Can someone please explain this movie to me.

Eastwood is obviously not the guy who was whipped to death.  How come he has flashbacks of it?

He paints the town red and renames it hell.  Is he supposed to be the Devil rising to punish those three evil dudes?

On his way out of town some guy says that he never caught Eastwood's name and Eastwood replies that he already knows it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I always thought Clint was a ghost that came back to seek revenge.

Or am I thinking of Pale Rider.

Both have Clint shot several times and returning to set things right.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he was the brother of the guy who was whipped.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I always thought Clint was a ghost that came back to seek revenge.

Or am I thinking of Pale Rider.

Both have Clint shot several times and returning to set things right.

Bingo. On both accounts.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Eastwood himself said the movie was based on the premise of What Would Have in High Noon if Cooper Had Died.  Hence the ghost story.

Just what did that little guy say about the head stone of the dead sheriff being left unmarked?  Something about the ghost coming back and making things right?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Eastwood himself said the movie was based on the premise of What Would Have in High Noon if Cooper Had Died.  Hence the ghost story.

Just what did that little guy say about the head stone of the dead sheriff being left unmarked?  Something about the ghost coming back and making things right?

He said to Clint
You never did say what your name is, as Clint just looked at the grave , I think said ,you know my name
then rides out  and just vanishes .
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Eastwood is obviously not the guy who was whipped to death.  How come he has flashbacks of it?

He paints the town red and renames it hell.  Is he supposed to be the Devil rising to punish those three evil dudes?

On his way out of town some guy says that he never caught Eastwood's name and Eastwood replies that he already knows it?

He was carving the dead sheriffs name that was wipped to death on the headstone
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Clint was the dead man whipped to death.
He made a bargain with the devil, so he could come back and take revenge.

Ever see Faust?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was carving the dead sheriffs name that was wipped to death on the headstone

+1 .............. Good film, watched it Monday night, ain't it weird how even having most of his films on DVD I still sit and watch a TV movie with breaks every 20 mnutes.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Screamed, with a voice cracking, "Who are you?!?"
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:55:00 AM EDT
[#10]
"Preeeeeeeecccccheeeeeeeeeerrrrrr....................."
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:28:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Pale rider was the "Shane" re-write.

"Well, if you wanted to get aquainted, why didn't you just say so?"    
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#12]
You're gonna look awful silly with that sticking out of your ass.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#13]
"Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top