Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 11:43:56 PM EDT
With the whole Brokeback thing going on, I was kinda reminded of another movie that caused a huge stir back in the day...

Kiss of the Spider Woman

I can't recall any other movies off the top of my head that caused such a ruckus......funny how it was an even 20 years between them.  

I have not seen either, I remember parts of KOTSW from clips, but I was a whole 11 years old when it came out and my parents did not allow us kids to watch rated R stuff back then.

Any others?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember that when the first Species film came out, the whole Christian community went completely apeshit. I was fairly young (in my teens), but that I do remember as I wanted to see it.

Also "Wild Things" and "Showgirls"...

And I remember how the show "Ellen" went from "hot stuff" to "nobody watching" in a matter of days after she gayed herself...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I remember that when the first Species film came out, the whole Christian community went completely apeshit. I was fairly young (in my teens), but that I do remember as I wanted to see it.

Also "Wild Things" and "Showgirls"...

And I remember how the show "Ellen" went from "hot stuff" to "nobody watching" in a matter of days after she gayed herself...

Jesus, showgirls was a disappointment to say the least...I could not even watch it long enough to get to see any body parts is was so bad.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Basic Instinct was blown out of proportion. All you see is pubes
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Controversial to the lefties:

Passion of the Christ.

Also the Narnia movie was dislike by the atheist- liberal left.

The Dems do not like films that have religious ties
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#5]
what was the movie from the late 80s  early 90s when Mary comes back to earth and marries a cabdriver in NY?
I rember a shitstorm over that one  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I can remember "The Last Temptation of Christ" being very controversial when I was young.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can remember "The Last Temptation of Christ" being very controversial when I was young.

Yeah, I remember stories of angry Catholics vandalizing movie theaters where it was playing.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:55:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#9]
"The Life of Brian"

Protested by local Christians in front of the movie theaters.

Steve
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:22:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Cannibal Holocaust.

Malaysia:(Banned) / South Africa:(Banned) / Norway:18 (re-rating: 2005) (uncut) / Finland:K-18 (2001) / Sweden:(Banned) / Italy:VM18 (re-rating: 1984) / Canada:16+ (Quebec) / Singapore:(Banned) / Japan:R-18 / Australia:(Banned) (1984-2005) / Hong Kong:III / Norway:(Banned) (1984-2005) / Finland:(Banned) (1984-2001) / Australia:R (re-rating: 2005) / Argentina:16 / France:-16 / Iceland:(Banned) / Netherlands:16 / South Korea:18 / Spain:18 / UK:(Banned) (1984-2001) / UK:18 (heavily cut) / USA:Open (rating surrendered: 1985) / USA:X (original rating: 1984) / West Germany:(Banned) / Canada:R / Italy:(Banned) (1980-1984) / USA:Unrated
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top