Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 2:15:44 AM EDT
I'm looking for some good suggestions for the traditional horror movie fest over my sisters house. I already have every zombie movie ever made so we can skip over those I guess
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:39:13 AM EDT
[#1]
um lets start with Halloween
I always liked the Nightmare on Elm Street from when I was little im talking 6&7 my dad had me watch them to so I wouldnt be chicken sh*t gee thanks dad now im a gun toteing, paranoid,watching my six, super broke because I spend all my money trying to secure my own ass uber tactical weirdo but I aint chicken sh*t
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
1)Phantasm.
2)Dawn of the Dead(orig version)
3)Alien

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember a movie from when I was a little kid, it was on TV.  Ya' know, before all that cable and satellite.... back in the stone ages.   Anyway, I think it was called Mudman or The Mudman.  It was about these people who are trapped on an island, with a monster made out of mud!
They cut off it's hand, and it just goes and gets some mud to make a new one!  The detached hand also attacks them when they don't expect it.
I sure it was a crappy movie, but it scared the crap out of me when I was like 6 or something.  I doubt anyone will ever see it, so I will spoil the ending by telling you the mud monster dissolves in salt, so they trick it into falling into saltwater.  It turns out another kid in the neighborhood also saw it.  He later told me he was so scared he went to the kitchen and took a salt shaker to bed with him!

I don't think you can go wrong with Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.  I'm a sucker for the campy horror movies!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The Legend of Boggy Creek

Watched this as an eight year old and didn't sleep right for weeks.........  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Although not traditional, The Thing (1982) is pretty scary. I watched it for the first time the other day. Holy crap!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#6]

"Commander In Chief"

Wait, that's TV.....

John Carpenter's remake of The Thing.   Classic.

Phantasm
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm so into Rob Zombies new horror flicks. He takes these movies to a whole new level. The Devil's Rejects is a must see.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Another one to think about is, "Earnest goes trick or treating." You can go wrong with this guy. LOL
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Exorcist
Dawn, Day, and Return of the Living Dead
The Thing
An American Werewolf in London
Evil Dead II

Back when I was a major horror movie geek Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street were still pretty hot movies. I don't think I would get the same thrill from them now though.

I need to watch Phantasm again... I hope they play it on TV. I used to watch that every year.

Here are some other ones I remember watching back in the day.
American Gothic
The Stuff
The Blob (not a terrible remake IMHO)
Re-Animator
From Beyond
Flesh Eating Mothers
Hellraiser
Hellraiser II
Braindead (aka Dead Alive)
Pet Sematary
Night of the Creeps
Deadly Friend (the ending was lame though)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone ever seen the movie "Brainscan?" I don't know why but I really thought this movie was great. Another good flick would be Maximum Overdrive.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Holly crap! Why have we not thrown "EVIL DEAD" in here? Evil Dead 2 that is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Bowling for Columbine

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#13]
There's a guy who needs to jump infront of a big bore rifle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know about you all, but I'm picking up the Horror Classics 50 Movie Pack this week.  I'm ashamed to say I've never seen White Zombie, and don't own most of the rest on there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Has anyone ever seen the movie "Brainscan?"

With Edward Furlong (John Connor from T2). It was an ok movie. Kinda weird. I don't remember much from it now... I saw it back when it first came out... on video. Wow over ten years ago.

Quoted:

Read up two posts.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:46:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I did!   I did!

You didn't read my reply   I'm gonna go cry in the corner......  sniff

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#17]

the howling

silver bullet

gingersnaps

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Hellraiser...an absolute must!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Trilogy Of Terror...........................maybe it's because I was a wee lad when I first saw it but it scared the bejezzus out of me.  Can't remember the other two stories but the Zuni Fetish doll....
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Now there's a series that's lost its way. Every sequel beyond II is absolute crap. I'm surprised Doug Bradley can live with himself making such garbage.
When I thought it couldn't get any lamer than CD-Man cenobyte they follow up with Pinhead in Space.

I wish they did a sequel to The Nightbreed. That movie had a lot of potential. They certainly left it open for one, but I guess it didn't do well enough.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now there's a series that's lost its way. Every sequel beyond II is absolute crap. I'm surprised Doug Bradley can live with himself making such garbage.
When I thought it couldn't get any lamer than CD-Man cenobyte they follow up with Pinhead in Space.

I wish they did a sequel to The Nightbreed. That movie had a lot of potential. They certainly left it open for one, but I guess it didn't do well enough.

I only ever saw I and II....guess there is no need to go on, huh? II was the one that showed Pinhead when he was a British Offcier in WWI, and got the box, opened it to become Pinhead right?

I need to pick those up on DVD....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:24:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Halloween I & II

Night, Dawn, and Day of the Dead

Silver Bullet

Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (VERY UNDERRATED)

The Shining

The Exorcist

The Devil's Rejects

Alien (I still consider it more sci-fi)

The Curse
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm not sure underrated is the word I'd use. I think something closer the steaming pile of shit would better describe that one.

The Devil's Rejects
Worth checking out? I've been wondering. The chick looks kinda hot.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#25]
1.  The Thing
2.  The Fog
3.  Invasion of the body snatchers
4.  The Ring
5.  The Others
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not sure underrated is the word I'd use. I think something closer the steaming pile of shit would better describe that one.
Nah, now Bordello of Blood was quite shitty. I really liked Demon Knight for some reason

The Devil's Rejects
Worth checking out? I've been wondering. The chick looks kinda hot.
Personally I thought Devil's Rejects was one of the best horror movies this year. I even liked it better than Land of the Dead. I thought House of a Thousand Corpses was horrible, but someone Zombie pulled off quite a decent flick with this one (especially the soundtrack for the movie). Highly recommend you check it out, it should be out in DVD within a month or so.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top