Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 9:14:35 PM EDT
Its a great LDS flick.

Same guys that made "Singles Ward" great.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, haven't seen it.
I never heard much about Sons of Provo and none of my close friends or family have seen it.  I wasn't sure if it was worth watching.

LDS flicks have sort of become their own genre.  There are one or two companies that seem to be pumping out a new one every few months.

They tend to be very hit or miss as far as being good shows.  Singles Ward was great, but it was mainly filmed for people who've lived in Utah and it's full of inside jokes.  The RM was an abomination.  I wish I could take back the time I spent watching it.

Just finished seeing "Baptists at our Barbecue" and wasn't impressed one bit.  It cast both the Baptists and Mormons in such a bad light it left a bad taste in my mouth.  It could have been a decent movie if it didn't make every single character out to be a nutcase.

God's Army was overdone.  By that I mean that they took almost every possible extreme experience that could happen to a missionary over two years and crammed them all into about two weeks time.

Best Two Years was OK, but they exagerated a lot of experiences and characters in that movie too.

Pride and Prejudice was OK, except for all the garbage involving the big fat loser woman-chaser.

So far the best LDS themed movies that I've seen are Other Side of Heaven and Brigham City.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top