Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 10:16:53 AM EDT
I just watched Vol. 1 again last night. The last time I watched it was the first time.

>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS FROM HERE ON<<<<<<<<<

There are some pretty awesome scenes in that movie. Some of the dialogue in the begiining between Uma and Vivica was kinda stupid. Almost like they tried to make Vivica a female version of Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

I loved the ridiculous blood spray effect. That is so cool to watch.

One of the fight scenes that amazes me is between the Bride and Gogo (O-Ren's bodyguard). whatever that fighting style is with that ball and chain is amazing. I assume it really exists,

Gogo was probably one of my favorite characters. She is totally frickin anime-style evil. And I love how her voice goes from the high pitch, school girl to a low, menacing voice. Her facial expression (or lack of), particularly her eyes, are what I think is the coolest about her.

I can't stand Daryl Hannah, so it was nice to see her get her ass beat.

I love the dialogue between the Bride and Hatori when she comes into the sushi bar and it goes from playful to her real purpose.

I also love the part of [in Japanese] "O-Ren Ishii! You and I have unfinished business!" followed by her slicing off Sophie's arm.

Lucy Liu was kickass in this movie. I especially like when she gets that low, angry oive like when she shouts, "TEAR THAT BITCH APART!"

Another funny line from her character was, "Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with Samurai swords."

I'll probably watch Vol. 2 tonight, even though I remember not liking it a whole lot.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Great movies! The style and cinematography and music on Kill Bill Vol I were fantastic. I don't care what anyone says, Quentin Tarantino is a f*ckin' genius. And I don't care about those who say he just redoes whats already been done. He took that to an extreme with the Kill Bill's...

Vol I and Vol II are completely different as far as genres go...with I being an ode to Hong Kong Kung-Fu movies, especially the Shaw Bros. stuff. II is more an ode to the spaghetti western. Both are great, but different...so if you watch II expecting what you saw in I, you might be disappointed. But if you take each on their own merits, you might like them better.

I liked I better myself. I really loved the stylized fight between the Bride and O-Ren Ishii at night in the snow! And Gogo was HOT, SUPER HOT....every thing about her was perfect, the face, the hair cut, the little school girl outfit...no wonder I dig Japanese Babes!

The scenes with the Bride and Hatori Hanzo (Sonny Chiba!) were great too, especially upstairs in the attic, and when he presents her the sword.

I really dug the Anime section of O Ren's story too, reminded me of the anime in the two parter in the Animatrix....

"Its a Hatori Hanzo blade!"

"It really is a Hatori Hanzo blade..." - O Ren Ishii
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#2]
2 hours of my life that I'll never get back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Kill Bill 2 sucked. Too much yappin and not enough killin!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Too "Crouching Tiger....... " for me!  Some of the fight sequences were ok (the one where she demands they leave all their chopped off limbs springs to mind).....

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont understand it, the movies were just plain silly and I dont think Uma Thurman is exactly a hottie or nothing but I just cant stop watching either of them...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Loved 'em both... but I'm a QT junkie.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Loved 'em both... but I'm a QT junkie.

I guess that describes me too.

Haven't seen a Tarantino movie I haven't liked.

spelling
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't seen 2 yet, butr I love westerns so I will probably love it as well, 1 was interesting if humorous

I liek alot oa tarantino work, last night I rewatched his direction of a CSI episode, he really is a messed up man that does nice work in film
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Got both on DVD, they're on my favorite movies list
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]

"I've been a bad Daddy....."

For some reason that quote is stuck in my brain....kinda like "Bad Motherfucker"......
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Started watching it tonight. Michael Madsen is pretty awesome in this. Even though he has that same style in everything he does his actions and dialogue are hilarious.

Budd: That gentled ya down some. Ain't nobody a badass with a double dose of rock salt that deep in their tits. Not havin tits as fine or big as yours, I can't even imagine how bad that shit must sting... yet I don't want to, neither.
[the Bride spits blood into Budd's face. He wipes it away and returns the favor with a long, foul stream of tobacco juice]
Budd: I win.

Budd: Get your bony ass down here in the morning, with a million dollars in cash, and I give you the greatest sword ever made by man. How do you like the sound of that?

I keep finding myself watching the first movie from the poitn when she pulls up next to Sophie on the morotcycle to where she kills O-Ren. Everythign before that is cool, but not worth watching a few dozen times.

And yes Gogo was pretty hot. her nose was kind hook-looking from her profile, but the evil look on her face is just so cool.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Never met a Tarantino film I didn't like.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can't stand Daryl Hannah, so it was nice to see her get her ass beat.

Blaspheme! Sacrilege!

I thought she was great.

And she's improving with age. If nothing else, how can you not appreciate legs and hair that long?!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I agree with the "Too much yappin" in KB2 but I realized as I was watching it that at least with Tarentino's scripts the "yappin" is almost as entertaining as the "killin." Most movies these days are either so boring or so stupid that I end up watching them at double speed (with sound on the computer or with subtitles on the TV) just to get them over with.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]

I'll probably watch Vol. 2 tonight, even though I remember not liking it a whole lot.

That's how I felt the first time, or two, thorugh the movie.  However, the more I watch them, the more I like them.  Those are two kick ass movies.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

That's how I felt the first time, or two, thorugh the movie.  However, the more I watch them, the more I like them.  Those are two kick ass movies.

It wasn as bad the second time around. I really liked how Michael Madsen played his role Thought he was pretty good.

What was up with that one hookers mouth when the Bride goes to see Esteban Vihaio?

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What was up with that one hookers mouth when the Bride goes to see Esteban Vihaio?

Punishment for trying to leave the life I think.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Great movie, I think I will go watch it again now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Gogo is hotter than hell.

I definetely put her in the spank bank rotation after seeing Volume 1.

They should have put in a lezzy scene between these two.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#20]
WAY too much talking.  Love the movies, though.

"Now if any of you son of bitches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE FUCKING TIME!"
*Silence*
"I didn't think so."
*Drops head on table*
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top