Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 10:14:31 AM EDT
What a look at the insanity and denial inside Hitler's bunker.

There were points during his tirades where I was thinking, "Just one bullet from one of you guys and the madness will be over."

However, even as a crumbling shell of a man he still held a power over the duty-bound Germans.

This film makes a point in several ways of spreading the collective guilt across the entire German population of that day, that these events didn't occur in a vacuum.

You also start wishing Goebbels was still alive so you could strangle him with your own hands.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought this last week, watched it last night.

I thought it was extremely good. From a technical point of view, they did excellent, although their Tiger tank mock up wasn't perfect, and the 8,8cm FlaK was a Russian FlaK gun, the uniforms and small arms were really good.

Lots of MP-44 goodness! It was nice to see them in such a prominent role...my favorite weapon of all time.

I thought it did a good job at portraying the mind set of the people and what happened during the last days of the Reich. Good battle scenes, and St. Petersburg stood in well for Berlin.

It was sad when the FlaK helper girl asked the officer to shoot her, she was cute. I guess she thought it was a better way to go than to be raped repeatedly by the Russians....

An interesting story, well told, without the typical heavy handed guilt and BS prevalent in WWII movies made in Germany (i.e. Stalingrad, fantastic movie, but I had some problems with the storyline....).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top