Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 9:12:45 PM EDT
Saw the sneak preview tonight.
It was pretty well done.

The only errors I found was the Japanese White Scout Car. They even had Japanese armor.

O, the other error was the whole last 15 minutes of the movie. While the real historical raid had the Japanese retiring quickly after the Rangers engaged them, this had a pitched battle between the Japanese & the Americans.

I am willing to forgive them that since so few good Pacific theatre WWII movies are made.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:28:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm really looking forward to this one, good to hear it's pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember reading the book, but can't remeber the title, do you know what it is?  Best WWII read ever.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I remember reading the book, but can't remeber the title, do you know what it is?  Best WWII read ever.  

Ghost Soldiers, Hampton Sides.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
can someone give me a spoiler?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
can someone give me a spoiler?

American Rangers have invaded the Phillipines. Japanese are killing American POW's.
Rangers make a daring raid through enemy territory, link up with Phillipino freedom fighters and prepare to attack the POW camp before the Japanese do.

They also have a side story about the Phillipine's guerilla movements including natives & left behind Americans trying to help the POW's & disrupt the Japanese war effort.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice doubletap on the post!

I gotta go see this movie too
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:00:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Any takers on which side the DUmmy's will be rooting for?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Saw the sneak preview tonight.
It was pretty well done.

The only errors I found was the Japanese White Scout Car. They even had Japanese armor.

O, the other error was the whole last 15 minutes of the movie. While the real historical raid had the Japanese retiring quickly after the Rangers engaged them, this had a pitched battle between the Japanese & the Americans.

I am willing to forgive them that since so few good Pacific theatre WWII movies are made.

ONE error?  How about that was not a P61 doing the flyover.

I went to see it last night (Friday night).  Great movie, recommend seeing it.  They even had it accurate to the point of the raid starting 10 minutes late.

My only complaint was too much time spent on the Margaret character, that was boring.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Only sold 3 million dollars worth of tickets this weekend, but Rush gate it a plug today. hopefully that helps. Hollywood needs to know we do like American history.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#11]
There was a free viewing a month before the release on the base theater.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top