Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 7:45:36 PM EDT
So, anyone want to see it? I've played Doom since the first shareware release and I like the story. I'm sure the acting will suck, but it looks like it'll be entertaining. I don't normally see games based on video games... but this is Doom.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
i think i will go see it when it comes out

its got The Rock in it so i have to
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
its got The Rock in it so i have to

I'm a Rock fan too. He does a decent job acting usually. Heard him sing on SNL once too, not bad at all.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Doom 2 was the first game I ever pirated, oh the memories... Heh...

This movie looks like it'll suck, but I'll be one of the first in line.  It's got the Rock in it. How bad can it be, right?

Summary
Something has gone wrong at a remote scientific research station on Mars. All research has ceased. Communication has failed. And the messages that do get through are less than comforting. It's a level 5 quarantine and the only souls allowed in or out are the Rapid Response Tactical Squad - hardened Space Marines armed to the teeth with enough firepower to neutralize the enemy... or so they think.

Trivia
•   Certain characters in the movie, such as Dr. Carmack and the Dr. Willits are named for members of id Software (John Carmack and Tim Willits, respectively), developers of the series of games the movie is loosely based on.
•   The character of Sarge (played by The Rock) is a homage to Master Sergeant Thomas Kelly, one of the main characters from the video game "Doom 3".

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll probably use my blockbuster movie pass to rent it when it comes out on dvd. Spend $20 for me and the wife to see an Aliens remake at the theater? Nope.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I touched on this one in Games to movies

I figured none of those movies would be discussed extensively by themselves in individual threads so it might work beter to consolidate them to avoid some clutter...

I'll rent it, but it doesn't look like it'll good enough to go to the theater to see... like most of those game-to-movie flicks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quit trying to pimp your thread. Just answer the question.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I did answer the question... tool.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#8]
It will have a happy ending and it will suck for that reason alone even if the Rock weren't in it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did answer the question... tool.

Ok silky.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm worried they won't even touch the portal to Hell. I don't want to see mutant creatures attacking people, I want to see terrible freaking Demons  from the pits of Hell.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
It may suck, but like others, I will see it opening day.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm worried they won't even touch the portal to Hell. I don't want to see mutant creatures attacking people, I want to see terrible freaking Demons  from the pits of Hell.

From the trailer, I thought I saw both an Imp and a Hell Knight, the Doom 3 versions.  Both were changed a bit for the movie, but pretty recognizeable.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#13]
BTT with trailer link.
Doom trailer

Will see it whether good or bad. Its the least I can do after spending countless nights playing that damm game!
CH
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll go see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top