Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2012 7:56:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing at all like the book it seems.  Why did they even buy the rights to the book if they weren't going to use the story?
It looks like they wanted the title and that's it.

Bleh, it would have made a great Cable mini-series.  They're trying to make some crazy ass 28 days later looking crap with the WWZ title thrown on it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Too bad because the book is very good.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Tidal waves of suprehuman zombies who can pyromid up walls wasn't my idea of a zombie flick... too bad. I was hoping for DOTD or 28 days later style zombies...
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Rage Zombie FTMFW......that shit looks crazy bad ass
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Shitty CGI for the lose.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Full trailer

Don't know how I feel about CGI zombies.  And it definitely looks like they're not following the book.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I think Pitt works for the UN or some shit. I think the scene with the wall is Israel which is something from the book, as it sure looks like Israeli Soldiers in the one scene,   They do seem to have made them hyper rage fast, Ill probably still see it for the gore but I wont expect it to be better than the book in any way,
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:31:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

hard to base an entire movie off a short trailer.

Yes, he is the protagonist in the book that works for the UN that lived through the Zombie war.

Think about it though, you really couldn't make the movie the same as the whole book is about recollection, not live action.

Most likely since like in every movie that is from a book they can only fit in a few of the stories, just looking, I notice this ships together, that was from the Chinese military/navy story, the Israelis, and the Indians.  Those are the 3 I see in the trailer correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right and I'm just not recollecting the book properly.  It could very well be that they'll follow the book closely but that it wouldn't have made for a very exciting trailer.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shitty CGI for the lose.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe if we all go into the theater with low expectations, this movie will seem a lot better.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:25:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Maybe if we all go into the theater with low expectations, this movie will seem a lot better.

That's the way I approach sex and it seems to work just fine.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]
In the book they use slow moving zombies, which frankly wouldn't overwhelm as quickly and lead to as rapid of a spread as they need to do in the film.  Remember, with a book you've got a lot of time for the plot to develop and less so for the film.  Film has to be put on steroids time wise to work.

CGI looks shitty, but for the scenes it was necessary.

Sounds like the film was a real PITA to shoot and do.  Pitt worked his ass off to bring it to the big screen. They even had legal criminal charges over weapons at one point on location in Europe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top