Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2012 3:53:06 PM EDT
Hello everyone. A couple months back, I purchased this soundbar.

I was having issues with the video with the DVR, where every 15-30 minutes, the video would I guess re-sync or something. It would blank out for a second then come right back up. I fixed that by connecting the DVR and my PS3 to the TV and running a digital audio cable from the TV to the main unit/receiver.

At the same time as the video issues, I was (and still am) having issues with the audio. Every 15-30 minutes, the audio volume will "dip". It'll be playing perfectly, then go down in volume and come right back up. Nothing is touching the remote, and nothing displays on the screen saying that the volume is changing.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the cause? I'm trying to troubleshoot this on my own before contacting Sharp.

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
the fact that it happens regularly almost sounds like some kind of copy protect thing to keep you fro burning dvd's of what's on the dvr.....other than that i have no idea.  bump for someone who knows about such things
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
There isn't a way to burn to DVD/CD from the receiver, and it does it with both the DVR and the PS3.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
"How are you connecting your components together? HDMI? Did the audio
issues resolve when you connected the optical output of the TV to the
receiver?"

I'm about to take the DVR out of the mix, so that'll eliminate that being a possible reason for the issue.

Set up is:

HDMI from DVR to TV.

HDMI from PS3 to TV.

Optical from TV to soundbar receiver.

At the beginning, I had the DVR and the PS3 going to the receiver using HDMI and optical from receiver to TV. With the setup I have now, the video issues disappeared. I've tried switching out HDMI cables, optical cable and the speaker wires.

"Do the video issues happen when you connect your video source straight to the TV as well? Both the DVR and the PS3?"

No. I recently sent the soundbar to the Conn's service center and I had zero issues with sound or picture.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]

When I was having both audio and video issues, it was PS3, DVR > Receiver > TV, all HDMI.

Currently it is PS3, DVR > TV > Receiver. I only have 2 HDMI inputs on my TV, so I had to do optical to the receiver.

I am listening to FM on the receiver right now to see if I have any audio issues. Been 20-30 minutes or so and I haven't heard anything odd yet. I do have the DVR unplugged from the power source, and will try the PS3 if the FM plays fine for another 30 minutes.

Good thing I'm getting rid of cable, eh?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#8]
FM radio was fine, no issues.

Went to play PS3, had issues when the configuration was PS3 (HDMI) > TV (Optical)> Receiver. Changed it to PS3 (HDMI)> Receiver (HDMI)> TV and it works fine.

WTF. So I am guessing that there is either something wrong with the optical input/output on the TV or on the receiver.

But that doesn't make any sense cause I had issues with both audio and video when I had the DVR hooked up and it was all HDMI.

I don't get it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes...the TV is Dynex, DVR is Motorola, obviously PS3 is Sony and the soundbar is Sharp.

Zhuk, I am going to try hooking up the DVR the way you said to try tonight and see what happens.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Fracking DVR is the issue.

I have had no issues with audio, but the video is jacking up on me.

Thanks for your help, Zhuk.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top