Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2010 3:43:00 AM EDT
I wish there was a way to take Netflix on the road with you... Maybe if there was a way to save your instant queue onto a portable device so you can watch it, no internet connection needed.. Or is the connection needed to stream..
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 3:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Ipad and a 3g account.  It's also neat to have during power outages.
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 3:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
or on 45 minute bus rides to work every day
Link Posted: 7/5/2010 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You could do that with any notebook/netbook and mobile broadband (wireless air-card).
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 3:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought that with the netbook you had to buy a mobile plan separately..
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Ipad. i want to get one but waiting for the gen2 to come out.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 3:14:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I pad is too expensive.   All it is is a bigger Ipod touch
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#7]
netbook
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I looke into the netbook with a wireless air card, and it seems to be that you'd have to buy a separate plan for the card, or did I miss something there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an iPhone, which requires that I have a data plan. Fortunately I am grandfathered in to the unlimited data for $30 a month. My phone is JailBroken which allows for installing non Apple approved applications.

I have an iPad which is also JailBroken. For a grand total of $7 worth of Jailbroken applications, I can stream NetFlix from my phone to my iPad. I did a test by streaming a 30 minute show, and the data use on my account showed 141 Mb's of use. It ran flawlessly, with no pauses or hiccups in an area with low to moderate signal strength.

So, consider a smartphone from your cellular carrier that has the ability to use the phone as a modem to either a netbook, or other device, such as the iPad.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I like that set up, problem is, I only have an ipod touch 16gb.  Is there someway to get what you said to work on that...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:53:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone know if you can stream from an IPhone to a TV?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top