Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2007 10:07:48 AM EDT
You ever wonder why the sparrow is mentioned so much in the Bible?

height=8
Psa 84:2 My soul longs, yes, even faints For the courts of the LORD; My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

Psa 84:3 Even the sparrow has found a home, And the swallow a nest for herself, Where she may lay her young at your altars, O LORD of hosts, My King and my God.

Psa 84:4 Blessed are those who dwell in Your house; They will still be praising You.

The lowly little sparrow is dear to God himself as they make an effort to dwell in his house. The sparrow is to man, the least of the sacrifice animals, but to the Lord, they are the first.

Man put the value on the scarifice, disregarding God's way.

For the sparrow being the lowest for the poor, they in sense are the greatest in the temple making the rich the last because they sacrifice the worthless expensive bullock for show. The poor can only afford the little sparrows, which God truly loves.

height=8
Luk 13:30 "And indeed there are last who will be first, and there are first who will be last."

height=8
Luk 12:6 "Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God.

Luk 12:7 "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Jesus clearly said that you are more valuable than his dearest of the creatures, yet we put our sense of value on other things.

Remember that the next time when someone has a lowly little sparrow in the sights of a pellet gun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The poor can only afford the little sparrows, which God truly loves.

I thought the offering of the poor was a turtle dove, not a sparrow.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#2]
If they're English Sparrows we can shoot them here in Missouri because they're a foreign nuisance like the European Starling. (Both are legal to kill in any numbers throughout the year). I don't shoot sparrows because I find it difficult to positvely identify them as English, but I shoot Starlings every chance I get.
 Mourning Doves are quite tasty, so when they're season I shoot them. Same goes for deer, turkey etc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
man,  I'm screwed.  I've killed thousands and thousands of sparrows over my lifespan.  And I'll kill again.

I'm a serial sparrow killer
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
man,  I'm screwed.  I've killed thousands and thousands of sparrows over my lifespan.  And I'll kill again.

<proselytization> Do you feel like your life is sparrowing out of control?  ...Son, have you met Jesus Christ? </proselytization>
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<proselytization> Do you feel like your life is sparrowing out of control?  ...Son, have you met Jesus Christ? </proselytization>

Link Posted: 10/1/2007 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#6]
They were put here to be indiscriminantly killed according to many here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#7]
They are fun to shoot with centerfire rifles.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I find your posts offensive.But, hey I've learned that "christians" are cannibalistic hyenas the hard way.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#9]
"I like you Christ. But I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."--Ghandi
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#11]
NO, I wasn't trolling.

My experience with the "christians" in my own "church" has jaded me a bit.

I have been shunned by them because my wife is divorcing me over catching her in an affair with a good deacon of another "church".

I find it deplorable to slaughter helpless animals for sport or what some so arrogant believe to be nuceinces. Hunting for food is for sustainance, but shooting sparrows, crows, even starlings is absolutely NON-christian.

Period.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:57:17 AM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
Maybe next time you could say "some Christians" or "Christians I have encountered" so it isn't misconstrued.  We are painted with far too broad a brush often enough by those who intend to do so to need it done inadvertently.  h,
But to find people who call themselves Christian and act opposite strikes a real nerve with me now. Before, it never bothered me until I got really burned.

I can't tell them apart and can trust no-one anymore.

It tears me up inside.

height=8

Deplorable, both counts.  You have my sincerest condolences.

Thanks, you are the first person to find it wrong of them.

When the "church" you've attended for 11 years suddenly suggests that you not return because you have been knocked to the dirt, it stings.

I've been abandoned because of what someone else did to me. I feel like a leper.

height=8

While I admire your conviction to this belief, you must know it is not held all Christians.  I would, in fact, guess that it is a minority opinion, not that it matters.  Espouse such beliefs all you want, but be aware that stating so dogmatically that a dissenting opinion "is absolutely NON-christian.  Period." is asking for a fight, especially on a firearms enthusiast board.  As long as you stay within the rules we won't have a beef, whether I agree with you or not, but I suggest you tread lightly and read the tacked comments regarding proselytizing.

Thanks. he
The excuse that English Sparrows are "ok to shoot" is man's law. Sparrows are sparrows in God's eyes. They are still life regardless. They do not want to die. God doesn't see them as an invasive species.

This the point I was driving home, the value on sparrows is zero while the value of other things is great.

Let me post bragging about shooting dogs or cats and whatch the reactions.

Man's value will be different, when in the Bible dogs are one of the lowest because man has exaulted them above others.

The sparrows might worthless to many, but remember God IS watching and KNOWS your heart regardless how mugh you try to rationalize it, just as my own "church" rationalized turning me to the wilderness to fend for myself as I am now worthless to them.

I am now the worthless sparrow to them ans was just as brutally attacked.

I will make my nest in the Temple of God and sing his praises still.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nah, sparrows don't judge others and attack them for not having some new-found "belief" derived from the actions of others.

You're not behaving like a sparrow; you're behaving like an angry troll.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe next time you could say "some Christians" or "Christians I have encountered" so it isn't misconstrued.  We are painted with far too broad a brush often enough by those who intend to do so to need it done inadvertently.  

Yeah, I agree.

But to find people who call themselves Christian and act opposite strikes a real nerve with me now. Before, it never bothered me until I got really burned.

I can't tell them apart and can trust no-one anymore.

It tears me up inside.

Deplorable, both counts.  You have my sincerest condolences.

Thanks, you are the first person to find it wrong of them.

When the "church" you've attended for 11 years suddenly suggests that you not return because you have been knocked to the dirt, it stings.

I've been abandoned because of what someone else did to me. I feel like a leper.

While I admire your conviction to this belief, you must know it is not held all Christians.  I would, in fact, guess that it is a minority opinion, not that it matters.  Espouse such beliefs all you want, but be aware that stating so dogmatically that a dissenting opinion "is absolutely NON-christian.  Period." is asking for a fight, especially on a firearms enthusiast board.  As long as you stay within the rules we won't have a beef, whether I agree with you or not, but I suggest you tread lightly and read the tacked comments regarding proselytizing.

Thanks.

I sorta agree, but in my opinion, the wanten destruction of the creation is a sin.

The excuse that English Sparrows are "ok to shoot" is man's law. Sparrows are sparrows in God's eyes. They are still life regardless. They do not want to die. God doesn't see them as an invasive species.

This the point I was driving home, the value on sparrows is zero while the value of other things is great.

Let me post bragging about shooting dogs or cats and whatch the reactions.

Man's value will be different, when in the Bible dogs are one of the lowest because man has exaulted them above others.

The sparrows might worthless to many, but remember God IS watching and KNOWS your heart regardless how mugh you try to rationalize it, just as my own "church" rationalized turning me to the wilderness to fend for myself as I am now worthless to them.

I will make my nest in the Temple of God and sing his praises still.

While I don't agree with what the PEOPLE in your church did to you, it should not change your belief in Jesus.  People are in churches.  Therefore they are imperfect.  I'm sure it really sucks, but I guess it's time for a new church family.  I pray God give you strength through your trial.  I'm sure you are hurting and I can totally understand that and I'm sure it is why you are taking the tone you are right now.  

Now, as far as killing animals, whether it be a sparrow.  What biblical basis do you have that it's OK to kill a dog and not a sparrow?  For me, I play no favorites with the animals.  They're all on the same level to me.  If I was going hungry and really had to, I would have no problem eating a Dog.  I'm saying this in an extreme case of course.  But it's obvious animals are for nourishment.  In the Bible Jesus ate fish and I do believe lamb.

Why is it any better to kill a rodent in your house just for the fact of extermination over killing an animal for sport?  I'm not condoning senseless, foolish, immature killing.  But then again, they're still animals.  I usually eat anything I kill.  But I didn't eat the mouse we caught in the traps a couple of years ago.  Hmmmm..............

Your posts are like hardshell said offensive and to me it just seems like your lashing out.  I feel you don't have any biblical basis to make your claims about the animals and you should do some Bible reading on the subject.  I'm sure all of this is just heightened by the fact that you are going through a terrible time in your life and your at your wits end.  And for that I pray Jesus give you comfort.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:40:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
"I like you Christ. But I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."--Ghandi

Because you're perfect, eh?  We are all people.  Imperfect. Sinners.  We should know better but sometimes we don't act like it. Just because I'm a christian doesn't mean I don't have things to work on.  And that I know it and would admit it to anyone. I'm sure ole Ghandi himself had some flaws.  Maybe that was your point.  I don't know.  You just have this way of rubbing me the wrong way sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:00:53 AM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Nah, sparrows don't judge others and attack them for not having some new-found "belief" derived from the actions of others.

You're not behaving like a sparrow; you're behaving like an angry troll.

Did you even understand what I said?

Or were you merely looking to attack?

I didn't EXPECT ANYONE to find some new found belief.

You merely found sone reason to attack.

My pastor hit the nail on the head when he told me that Christians tend to kill their wounded.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I find your posts offensive.

But, hey I've learned that "christians" are cannibalistic hyenas the hard way.

I find it deplorable to slaughter helpless animals for sport or what some so arrogant believe to be nuceinces. Hunting for food is for sustainance, but shooting sparrows, crows, even starlings is absolutely NON-christian.

Period.

But to find people who call themselves Christian and act opposite strikes a real nerve with me now.

Yes, I understood every word you said. You came in here with your feelings hurt and posted something for the sole purpose of getting the reactions you wanted so you could play the martyr. IMHO you would have done better to post what had happened and asked us to pray for your comfort and guidance through the trials you're dealing with right now.
  You see yourself as an innocent little sparrow, but you are trolling because you need to lash out at someone/anyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top