Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 4:54:19 AM EDT
Guys,

I enrolled at Michigan Theological Seminary, I am doing a 2 year undergrad program in Biblical Studies. Now I am doing a Theology class and a Biblical Hermeneutics class this semester, at nights.

The toughest thing so far has been reading the assingments handed out by the prof. That is where I am having the most difficulty, trying to figure out exactly what he wants to be done in the work.

Besides the Marines and follow on trade type schools for the Airlines and now Real Estate, I had zero college experience going into it. So the whole academia part of it seems so foreign to me and that is where I am having the most trouble with. But, so far I have been doing 'ok' and as time goes on I am getting the hang for what is expected.

The GI Bill is paying for the Seminary, well paying me back. I have to front the coin up front and they are sending me checks monthly.

I don't know where it will take me, I am looking forward in that journey. I tried keeping it on the DL from my Church as not to make a big deal about it, but the Seminary required that they get involved with the application process. My Pastor and the Assistant Pastor have been so motivating and so very supportive in prayer and offered help if I fall down. My wife has committed her self to Christ as well and she was awe struck that I said I wanted to go (even more happy that the FEDS are paying for it and my investment in the GI Bill in 1990 ).

If you can add me into your prayers, I would be most thankful. I have an FTP site that I am doing today to upload some work if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Chris sends...

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:03:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool!

Now I know who to send my theological questions to!!!  

I pray for our Heavenly Father to give you the wisdom, strength, understanding, and patience that you need to succeed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
God bless you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck!  What kind of site are you working on?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#5]
That's awesome.

Keep us posted as your assignments come....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, so far ntoher week has passed and I have a ton more reading and assingments. Which is good.

I own a few websites for work, I am going to post some of the work there on monday so youz guys can see what I am working on, if interested.

I must say, I thought that flight school was cool and all the .mil stuff I did, this is by far the best thing I have yet to do/ learn.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Assignment from the arfcom religion forum:

Find and elaborate on the irony in the following phrase:

Biblical Hermeneutics

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks guys, so far ntoher week has passed and I have a ton more reading and assingments. Which is good.

I own a few websites for work, I am going to post some of the work there on monday so youz guys can see what I am working on, if interested.

I must say, I thought that flight school was cool and all the .mil stuff I did, this is by far the best thing I have yet to do/ learn.

I would be interested in seeing the website work, if it's not too much trouble.  Glad it's going well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
EDIT: removed link

3rd week 1/2 way done. I am enjoying it, learned a ton today
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top