Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I send her two checks a month.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#2]
And they play with dolls.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I used to run with him. He is real alright.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Do you believe the devil existS?  
Sgatr15

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#6]
And you're gonna meet a few for putting this in GD instead of the Religion forum
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes. Thousands of them.

They go by the umbrella title "DNC".
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
And you're gonna meet a few for putting this in GD instead of the Religion forum

What religion is the devil?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Absolutely,  and he's a team member to boot!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Sure do...no doubt.

HH
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's bad!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Absolutely,  and he's a team member to boot!

You talking about Hank?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Catholic
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Catholic

Now thats just tacky

Even satan has enough sense to not be an atheist btw
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#15]
"Foosball is the devil!"

"I invented electricity. Benjamin Frankilin is the devil!"
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#16]
IBTM
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Catholic

Now thats just tacky

Even satan has enough sense to not be an atheist btw

All he has to do is worship himself and he's a satanist.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

He is certainly Christian, since he was put into his present job by God Himself.  
Remember, the devil isn't working of his own free will.  He was placed in his
job intentionally.   All this about the angels "fall from grace" cannot be anything
but BS.  God is IT.   No angel could challenge Him without being allowed to do so.

So, people that worship "the devil" or "satan" are Christians as well, since for Satan
to exist requires the be created by God.  I bet they would shit if they thought about it that way.

(I can say shit since were still in GD )
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#19]
He's an old friend of mine.

His greatest accomplishment is convincing people that He doesn't exist.

edit:

but what does it matter whether I believe he exists or not? My beliefs on the subject are irrelevant.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Yes, the devil exists.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Many different religions have a similar concept for an evil spirit or force that is genrally referred to as "The Devil" in Judeo/Christian circles.  But I have never heard of any supernatural entity called "The Devil" that was a secular concept.  The Devil is a religious figure.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#24]
absolutely
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#28]
yes, the devil exists, and has a free reign over the earth.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Everyone who votes no should read "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis.  You will then understand the true nature of the devil and the true nature of evil in the world around you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

but what does it matter whether I believe he exists or not? My beliefs on the subject are irrelevant.

Good point!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Egads my eyes are burning!!!

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/ALLPOLITICS/08/06/davis.recall/vstory.feinstein.jpg

No, that's not the devil. THAT is what the devil has nightmares about.  He is scared of her.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Of course, how else could we get deviled ham?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#34]
ANti Christ-devil on earth.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
edition.cnn.com/1999/ALLPOLITICS/stories/12/18/clinton.legal.fees/link.hillary.clinton.jpg

He said devil, not the antiChrist.

she's merely one of my many underlings
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#36]
nope.

There is evil in the world, yes.  But there is not a "devil".

My opinion.  And this is in GD, so I can post that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#37]
He walks about as a roaring lion seeking whom he MAY devour.
He can only devour you if you let him.
The Devil has no religion, religion is something man made, Christianity is a personal relationship with Christ.  Big difference.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The Devil has no religion, religion is something man made, Christianity is a personal relationship with Christ.  Big difference.

I'd say it's pretty safe to assume the devil has a relationship with Christ, since they have met.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#39]
I AM THE DEVIL

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

He is certainly Christian, since he was put into his present job by God Himself.  
job intentionally.   All this about the angels "fall from grace" cannot be anything
but BS.  God is IT.   No angel could challenge Him without being allowed to do so.

So, people that worship "the devil" or "satan" are Christians as well, since for Satan
to exist requires the be created by God.  I bet they would shit if they thought about it that way.

AMEN TxSig!

Even Satan believes in Christ.   He tempted Jesus often enough.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#41]
The Devil knows Christ, all the demons know Christ Jesus his is the name to which every knee must bow.
He does not know him a personal Lord and Savior.   Hence he is not a christian.
Even the Jews and Muslims believe in God, but hey are not christians.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The Devil knows Christ, all the demons know Christ Jesus his is the name to which every knee must bow.
He does not know him a personal Lord and Savior.  

Ya know, I'm not even sure you could say that.  Maybe God just gave him
the really crappy job of being the devil, and when it's all over, he gets to
return to Heaven and have a sno-cone and a vacation.  Hard to say.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Did it ever occur to anyone that if there was a devil he would have to be a whole lot smarter than he is usually portrayed to be?

Let's take that fire and brimstone stuff. Who would want to sign up for that? He is going to have one hell of a time getting recruits with that stuff.

Seems to me that -- if he was really there -- he would be more into nudie bars, lap dances, and more poontang than you could handle for all of eternity. (Lord knows you wouldn't get that stuff in Christian Heaven.)

Now, if the devil has fire and brimstone, and in heaven you sit around in church all day singing, and aren't even able to grope the hot babe beside you -- then who provides all the stuff that would really make an afterlife worthwhile?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
poll coming

Sgatr15

Yes.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Of course God allowed Satan to exercise his free will, just as He allowed Adam and Eve to exercise their free will.

That hardly equates to God "putting" Satan into his position.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Read Revelations it is quite clear, no returning to heaven for that former angel.
Remember he was the highest of the Arch Angles, the most beautiful thing in creation his beauty and importance (vanity) is what caused him to rebel against God and desire to set himself up as ruler over all the exists.
There are only 3 angels referenced by name in the Bible. Michael, Gabriel and Lucifer.  
He is into nudie bars and the like, it appeals to our flesh nature.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Of course, how else could we get deviled ham?

images.amazon.com/images/P/B0005Z5ZAK.01-A2BF95SJ3X97HC._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I have always wondered how one "devils" something. Do they hand him a ham and have him sneeze on it or something?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Did it ever occur to anyone that if there was a devil he would have to be a whole lot smarter than he is usually portrayed to be?

Let's take that fire and brimstone stuff. Who would want to sign up for that? He is going to have one hell of a time getting recruits with that stuff.

Seems to me that -- if he was really there -- he would be more into nudie bars, lap dances, and more poontang than you could handle for all of eternity. (Lord knows you wouldn't get that stuff in Christian Heaven.)

Now, if the devil has fire and brimstone, and in heaven you sit around in church all day singing, and aren't even able to grope the hot babe beside you -- then who provides all the stuff that would really make an afterlife worthwhile?

*sigh*

Satan isn't in hell.

Satan is, at present, occupied with being the ruler of this world that we live in.

he's hard at work here - reading through this very thread reveals some of his work.

Satan isn't interested in hell, fire, brimstone, or none of that silliness.

Satan isn't even against religion. Satan isn't against 'good' works, or charity.

Satan's downfall......is that he desires to be worshipped, just like God.

The problem is that God created Satan - so he has no right to be worshipped, as he is a mere creation. Only the Creator deserves worship.

This was his downfall - he wanted to be worshipped for his beauty.

Satan IS quite beautiful....and this was his downfall.

Satan isn't trying to get people into hell.

Satan is trying to get people to worship him.

Those who do so, rarely (VERY rarely) even realize what they're doing.

But to do so - to worship satan, by failing to believe in Jesus - will earn you (by your choice, not God's) an eternity in hell.

Of course, you don't have to believe any of that.

God loves us enough to give us the free will to choose NOT to spend an eternity with Him.

It's your call.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Read Revelations it is quite clear, no returning to heave for that former angel.
Remember he was the highest of the Arch Angles, the most beautiful thing in creation his beauty and importance (vanity) is what caused him to rebel against God and desire to set himself up as ruler over all the exists.
There are only 3 angels referenced by name in the Bible. Michael, Gabriel and Lucifer.  

And again, you don't suppose that an omnipotent God would have predicted, or more likely
actually planned on, this all occuring?  I still think it's a bit blasphemous to think that Lucifer
really had any choice in the matter at all.  Lucifer is doing what he is told to do, what God
ordained that he should do.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say it's pretty safe to assume the devil has a relationship with Christ, since they have met.

The Devil was once the second-hand man in heaven, however his prideful spirit caused him to try and overthrow god, however god being god, El diablo got smacked down....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top