Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2018 10:40:02 AM EDT

STUNNING!

Vatican Cancels US Bishops' Vote on Sex Abuse Reform Measures

How long, Lord?

"You can talk yourself blue in the face trying to explain to them the widespread, justified anger among the laity, and large numbers of priests and bishops as well. So far, the way Rome has been dealing with that news – as it has dealt with Archbishop Viganò’s claims – is not to deal with it at all. That leads people – even many faithful Catholics – to suspect – rightly or not – that there’s something fishy here that some very powerful people are trying to keep from coming to light."
View Quote
LAITY & BISHOPS
BURNING
ANGER
FRUSTRATION

Rx: ACTION + TRUTH
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Time for a Bishops Revolt in North America?

Do they have the stones?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Off to find this in GD......
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Sad.
Further decline of my favorite church.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#4]

It is Passover, and Jesus has gone up to Jerusalem with his disciples. He has come to the Temple, where he finds people “selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers at their business.” It is interesting to note what he does then, and what he does not do.

He does not engage the moneychangers in a discussion about what profits for the sale of sacrificial animals are licit and what are not. He does not bid the salesmen good day. He makes a whip of cords, which must have taken some deliberation and some time. We can imagine the intense anger of our Lord as he did it, and it is hardly likely that any of the disciples knew what he was about before he had begun to do it. He “drove them all, with the sheep and oxen, out of the temple.” Jesus, remember, was a construction worker. The man whose image is imprinted miraculously upon the Shroud of Turin is tall, broad shouldered, and barrel chested. He was not singing falsetto in the Galilee glee club.
View Quote
It seems clear that many of the bishops of our church today were like the indolent oncologist, or even the macabre oncologist, who does not hate cancer with a passion, or who has a hankering to see it flourish in strange new forms. It is hard to explain how some of them can recommend to us a bland rapprochement to cancer, a pleasant little daydream in which the cancer is not really a cancer, but just an alternative way of cellular reproduction. Their carelessness in that respect would explain their carelessness in others. We should not be surprised that the same bishops who did not really hate the cancer did not also love their flock. They were not men of passion. They were hardly men at all.
View Quote
There may be one other possibility. It is no more pleasant to consider. We cannot imagine allowing conferences of physicians in their home countries to vote on diseases one by one, to decide whether for “pastoral” purposes to call them diseases or not. That would be evidence not of their care, but of their agnosticism as regards disease. It may be that our leaders do not want us to be passionate about sin because they do not believe in sin at all; for to let each national conference of bishops to go its own way would be to imply that there was no reality to bind them. But the man who does not believe in sin does not believe in the holy God. Perhaps our leaders are apathetic because they are atheist. I do not know.
View Quote
(H/T to Prof. Anthony Esolen (a GREAT Catholic) at Crisis Magazine)
Hating Sin
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
God forgive me, but I am past giving the pope the benefit of the doubt.  His evil sycophant, Cupich, needs to go to.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
This is ridiculous, in our Diocese the Bishop and the clergy are all upset about this, it's constantly brought up, but in the back of my mind I thought there was a good chance the Vatican wasn't going to act on this. The Pope is all about talking about people's rights but when it comes to actually doing something to protect the vulnerable members of the flock and to prevent further acts of outrage he's doing nothing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is ridiculous, in our Diocese the Bishop and the clergy are all upset about this, it's constantly brought up, but in the back of my mind I thought there was a good chance the Vatican wasn't going to act on this. The Pope is all about talking about people's rights but when it comes to actually doing something to protect the vulnerable members of the flock and to prevent further acts of outrage he's doing nothing.
View Quote
Most of the bishops are unhappy about this.  The ones who oppose it are the obvious few: Cupich, Tobin, and (guess who else?) Wuerl.

See this for more details.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Most of the bishops are unhappy about this.  The ones who oppose it are the obvious few: Cupich, Tobin, and (guess who else?) Wuerl.

See this for more details.
View Quote
When you look at those guys, and Martin and that guy from Salt and Light, honestly, you have to think "these are guys who know what dick tastes like."
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, SaloSV! PETER KWASNIEWSKI--my kind of guy! No bs--straight to the point--no grays--just black and white.

(Maybe it's that Polish last name--just like mine!)

--signed BNA--
'just another Catholic 'ski.'

My Polish heroes: the Wojtyla Family--Karol Sr., and Karol, Jr. in 1920
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
God forgive me, but I am past giving the pope the benefit of the doubt.  His evil sycophant, Cupich, needs to go to.
View Quote
Cupich, Tobin, Weurl... all three of them are HOLLOW and being led by diabolical forces to please this world.

What astounds me is the confusion over morality vs. criminal acts, vs. this new world order agenda the pope is chasing. He is an antipope. There has been a call to investigate the legitimacy of the antipope. If successful, Benedict would resume his position, the heretical errors in documents would become void. This is what we need to pray for.

Look here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I usually just stay in my hole and read but here we go...

2 Sundays ago our junior priest gave a homily about evil. He lead with the experience of standing in line passing out Hurricane Michael relief aid and the many opinions that had been offered about various things, including what we did to earn the privilege of hosting this hurricane. Two of the more popular were "we're sinners" and "God is angry". Well, we're all sinners but everyone doesn't get a Cat 4/5, or a tornado, or tsunami. Why, then, is evil allowed? The simple answer is "God allows evil so that good may flourish."

Think of it as a controlled burn. Damage done to encourage healthy growth.

That sentence, although I already had that idea deep down, has been striking to me since then. Everybody has had "bad things" happen to them. Sometimes the "why" is easy to discern, sometimes it's not.

I'm not having the best day. As I type this I'm scanning my wife's death certificate so I can send it to my insurance agent, who can forward it to the underwriter, so they can cut me a check to fix my house without my wife's name on it. My house needs repair and my 40 y.o. wife died 16 months ago and left me with 3 kids to finish raising. I had a pretty easy life until July 2017, and I've been kicked around since. Do I think better is on the way? I do.

Evil happens so good may flourish. Seems we have our evil...more folks joining the conservative side of the Church...time for the good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#13]
The word 'excoriating' does not do justice to this blog post.

Kudos.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#14]
lol, and now the Vatican wants Cupich for the meeting on this in February.

The guy who said that migrants and climate change was more important.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I usually just stay in my hole and read but here we go...

2 Sundays ago our junior priest gave a homily about evil. He lead with the experience of standing in line passing out Hurricane Michael relief aid and the many opinions that had been offered about various things, including what we did to earn the privilege of hosting this hurricane. Two of the more popular were "we're sinners" and "God is angry". Well, we're all sinners but everyone doesn't get a Cat 4/5, or a tornado, or tsunami. Why, then, is evil allowed? The simple answer is "God allows evil so that good may flourish."

Think of it as a controlled burn. Damage done to encourage healthy growth.

That sentence, although I already had that idea deep down, has been striking to me since then. Everybody has had "bad things" happen to them. Sometimes the "why" is easy to discern, sometimes it's not.

I'm not having the best day. As I type this I'm scanning my wife's death certificate so I can send it to my insurance agent, who can forward it to the underwriter, so they can cut me a check to fix my house without my wife's name on it. My house needs repair and my 40 y.o. wife died 16 months ago and left me with 3 kids to finish raising. I had a pretty easy life until July 2017, and I've been kicked around since. Do I think better is on the way? I do.

Evil happens so good may flourish. Seems we have our evil...more folks joining the conservative side of the Church...time for the good stuff.
View Quote
You are so right with your assessment. God is putting you to the test right now and you are going to come out of it the right way. As you said, God is putting all of us to the test right now, and He WILL work good from it. As a small example, since all these new scandals broke, attendance and donations are up at our TLM parish.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
lol, and now the Vatican wants Cupich for the meeting on this in February.

The guy who said that migrants and climate change was more important.
View Quote
It is my hope and prayer that the Texas Rangers who invaded DiNardos offices find Cupichs hand in everything.
The feds will have to move fast to prevent the Vatican from harboring these criminals.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#17]
This came from a priest friend of mine.

Here
If in fact, the Vatican has normalized sodomist pedophilia behavior, it explains the delays, comments which hold 8 yo boys as accountable for seducing the priest, and the desire to stack the vote by promoting "like minded" men to bishops and cardinals.
Every Catholic should read this if you can stomach it.
It made me physically ill.
Day before yesterday the office of Cardinal DiNardo was raided.

I believe the offices of TOBIN CUPICH DOLAN and others need to be accessed as well. It wouldn't surprise me if every single complaint that was maintained by these demons aren't being burned at this moment.
It's also important to note that 19 dioceses have or are filing bankruptcy (4 in the last 6 months, all with numerous pending lawsuits) in order to avoid large payouts to victims.

I think every last one of those bishops and cardinals graves need to be dug up and those horrific creatures need have their names struck for anything having to do with the churches.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry. The pevious post we're missing.
Crd. DiNardo computer taken in raid
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for all this, angelfire!

TRULY!

The stench and evil must be rooted out!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#20]
On retreat this weekend, our retreat master charged us to DEMAND action of our local bishops. He likened it to draining pus from an abscess. The wound will never heal until its drained, you can't just sew it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top