Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/17/2018 7:47:56 PM EDT
By His stripes we are healed. I believe that.

I am tired. I have an illness that has been wearing me down and I cry out to Him. Sometimes He answers and eases my suffering and other times I have to endure it. I have experienced miracles in my life and I know He hears my every word.

It’s not life threatening and I know there are far worse things in life that can happen to a person. I saw a lady today in the mall that makes my problems seem miniscule.

I am thankful to God for all the blessings and I try to thank Him most days and repent of any sin.

But it is wearing my soul down. I don’t know how to explain it. Enough so that I sometimes end up on the floor in tears begging God to help me.

I know I may sound like a sissy, whiner or something and maybe I am.

I just wish He would come back now and take me out of here cause I know there will be no more suffering.

It you feel so inclined to pray for me, thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I will spend time praying for you this evening brother.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll keep you in my prayers, I'd suggest you talk with your pastor if you have one.  He or she might be able to offer some guidance.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Stay in the Word brother! God knows how much you can bear. Prayers sent!
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Done.

In tough times remember this passage:

Matthew 6:25-34 New International Version (NIV)

Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6%3A25-34&version=NIV
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Praying. As a believer that has suffered with an illness now since 1982, I understand where you're at.

I've found that many times, my faith through the illness, has touched others and in some cases led them to Christ.

Sometimes our burdens, our illnesses aren't meant to be healed, but to be signs to others that God is still good to us and gets us through these rough days. That strength we rely on is a beacon of light to a lot of folks when we share our faith in the midst of the storm.

It may be we will be healed in time, and it may be that we won't while we're in these old flesh bodies. What we have to keep doing is praising and thanking him. I have so much in other ways, and I'm sure you do too, and I'm thankful that I can be a witness. I've been told by people that I helped them, and I never would have known, and never would have been able to without this burden. I've met people that amazed me, so many problems and such harsh lives, that constantly praised God. Such faith.

Eternity is much longer than these few milliseconds we have here by comparison.

Much love to you, and I will be praying for you, and for God's will. I hope you will do the same for me, and all that are in need.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Praying with you and the others here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Sending prayers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Will Do
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers sent your way!
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Prayers on the way and I sent you a message.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I've prayed for you
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#12]
OP I saw this thread in the active threads feed.

Not the praying type as you know, but I would suggest you speak with your medical provider about depression.  It can be a bear and a long term illness can really feed it.  Prayer and meditation can help but sometimes that is not enough.

Be strong and talk to you doctor and then your pastor.  These days most ordained ministers have some training in psychology and they may have to tools to give you some help.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Prayers in transit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP I saw this thread in the active threads feed.

Not the praying type as you know, but I would suggest you speak with your medical provider about depression.  It can be a bear and a long term illness can really feed it.  Prayer and meditation can help but sometimes that is not enough.

Be strong and talk to you doctor and then your pastor.  These days most ordained ministers have some training in psychology and they may have to tools to give you some help.
View Quote
I second this response.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Prayers on the way. I hope you are able to find healing, comfort, and peace.

You need to get better so you can start trolling GD again  BTW, I mean that as a compliment.  I like the way you post topics in GD that get folks riled up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#16]
prayers for you BR76
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Sent up
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Prayers
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#19]
You are in my prayers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Thank you for the prayers and concern.

I've dealt with this illness for a long time and sometimes I let it get to me when it is flaring up.

God has truly blessed me in life and I am very thankful for it. I know things could be much worse and are for many people.

And to the brothers question above, I will pray for anyone who asks or I know needs it.

Thank God I still have my mother, who is a strong Christian woman, to talk to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#21]
BR76 even in the midst of your pain and suffering our Dad uses you and (while I don't understand it) is glorified in your suffering.
You have been a source of encouragement and information in my life for years and I'm grateful knowing you here. I'm praying for you to find peace-knowing He's got this and you and you are right where He needs you to be.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
BR76 even in the midst of your pain and suffering our Dad uses you and (while I don't understand it) is glorified in your suffering.
You have been a source of encouragement and information in my life for years and I'm grateful knowing you here. I'm praying for you to find peace-knowing He's got this and you and you are right where He needs you to be.
View Quote
Thank you brother.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't give up OP.

I'm in the same boat but I stop complaining when I go to the VA.... Weekly
Not as bad off as others..
I can walk ,wipe my own ass, feed myself
and surf ARFCOM.

It's hard... But don't loose faith.

Prayers for you to help your pain.

By his grace.. I'm still here till he calls me home.
Not when I decide.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Reading this morning/afternoon in 2 Corinthians 11-12 and thinking about you.  12:9  "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness........."

It's one of the great lessons of Believers.  You are blessed and greatly loved.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Prayers out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Whatever God's will is, I know it is for good.  I know He loves me. He has done so much for me. I am truly blessed.

If this illness keeps me humble and is a thorn in my flesh like the one the apostle Paul had, then I thank God for it.

His will be done.

Lauren Daigle - Trust In You (Live)
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll pray for you right now.
The past few days have found me in a darkening frame of mind myself. Coming to grips with my injury and the probability that "this is as good as I'm going to get". Like you, I see folks that are much worse off than I am. But at this point the insurance and lawyers issues often leaves me disappointed that I wake up in the morning. I went to church this morning really looking for "the peace that passes all understanding". I'm not sure it found me, or my heart wasn't ready. But I'll join the chorus praying for you brother. God's grace and blessing be upon you BR76.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'll pray for you right now.
The past few days have found me in a darkening frame of mind myself. Coming to grips with my injury and the probability that "this is as good as I'm going to get". Like you, I see folks that are much worse off than I am. But at this point the insurance and lawyers issues often leaves me disappointed that I wake up in the morning. I went to church this morning really looking for "the peace that passes all understanding". I'm not sure it found me, or my heart wasn't ready. But I'll join the chorus praying for you brother. God's grace and blessing be upon you BR76.
View Quote
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Prayers sent up to Him for you as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#29]
1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Beloved

As a child of God you are His beloved. Sometimes we need to be reminded of that.

Hence the song, remind me who I am.

Jason Gray - Remind Me Who I Am
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Download free YouVersion bible app, select ERV translation and read II Corinthians chapter 4 and 5. I'm in the valley as you are, and I found great comfort with those two chapters tonight.

Praying for your comfort and peace, please say prayer for me as well OP
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Whatever God's will is, I know it is for good.  I know He loves me. He has done so much for me. I am truly blessed.

If this illness keeps me humble and is a thorn in my flesh like the one the apostle Paul had, then I thank God for it.

His will be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_aVFVveJNs
View Quote
We do this song in our celebrate recovery ministry.  One of our favs and it always moves both the band and the audience.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thank you for the prayers and concern.

I've dealt with this illness for a long time and sometimes I let it get to me when it is flaring up.

God has truly blessed me in life and I am very thankful for it. I know things could be much worse and are for many people.

And to the brothers question above, I will pray for anyone who asks or I know needs it.

Thank God I still have my mother, who is a strong Christian woman, to talk to.
View Quote
@BlackRifle76

Man just IM me and I'll give you my number if you ever need to talk, 24/7/365 , and that goes for any member here. There's a bunch of us and we ought to stick together and be there for each other.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Still praying for you. All things are possible through Him!
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Prayers sent. Remember, he's got a plan even if what's goin on now makes no sense. Hell, it might not ever make sense in this life.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I just want to say thank you to all of you for your prayers. I have been feeling a lot better. Both physically and mentally.

God answered.

Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just want to say thank you to all of you for your prayers. I have been feeling a lot better. Both physically and mentally.

God answered.

View Quote
Great news Blackrifle76. God is Great!
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Good news
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 12:53:03 AM EDT
[#38]
I am having another attack tonight and I can't sleep.

I’ve been praying for God to give me what He knows I need and for healing.

This is hard.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am having another attack tonight and I can't sleep.

I’ve been praying for God to give me what He knows I need and for healing.

This is hard.
View Quote
Praying for you.

May His grace be sufficient for you and his power made perfect in your weakness.

7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,[a] a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Even with the adversity in my life, it doesn't quell the love I have for God.  I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Without His love I would be lost.

Feeling great today.

If you are an unbeliever reading this, its something I can't explain to you in words. The love of God reaches into the depths of your heart or your soul, I don't know which, probably both. You have to experience it to understand.

Third Day - Your Love, Oh Lord

Lincoln Brewster - Love the Lord (Lyric Video)
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Glad to hear you're feeling better.  I suffer from a similar illness, complicated by PTSD and anxiety.

Hang in there, man, we're all here for you brother.  PM me if you ever need to talk.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Glad to hear you're feeling better.  I suffer from a similar illness, complicated by PTSD and anxiety.

Hang in there, man, we're all here for you brother.  PM me if you ever need to talk.
View Quote
Sorry to hear it brother. Keep your eyes on God. He has a plan.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Download free YouVersion bible app, select ERV translation and read II Corinthians chapter 4 and 5. I'm in the valley as you are, and I found great comfort with those two chapters tonight.

Praying for your comfort and peace, please say prayer for me as well OP
View Quote
@V-Rod

You got it brother. Prayer is going up to Him right now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#44]
If anybody is up I would appreciate some prayer for healing tonight.

Having a rough night. I’ve been praying
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If anybody is up I would appreciate some prayer for healing tonight.

Having a rough night. I’ve been praying
View Quote
Sending prayers, OP.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Praying brother.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Thank you.

Life is hard sometimes.

I get ready for work at 5 and it’s almost 0100 right now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
By His stripes we are healed. I believe that.

I am tired. I have an illness that has been wearing me down and I cry out to Him. Sometimes He answers and eases my suffering and other times I have to endure it. I have experienced miracles in my life and I know He hears my every word.

It's not life threatening and I know there are far worse things in life that can happen to a person. I saw a lady today in the mall that makes my problems seem miniscule.

I am thankful to God for all the blessings and I try to thank Him most days and repent of any sin.

But it is wearing my soul down. I don't know how to explain it. Enough so that I sometimes end up on the floor in tears begging God to help me.

I know I may sound like a sissy, whiner or something and maybe I am.

I just wish He would come back now and take me out of here cause I know there will be no more suffering.

It you feel so inclined to pray for me, thank you in advance.
View Quote
Kind friend. I will not stop praying for you. Chronic conditions wear on you. You don't sound like a sissy or a whiner. You are suffering.

Do do not wish the life God has given you away. Suffering allows you to be so close to God.

My my husband is dying. It's in a most horrible way. He is suffering! He has pancreatic cancer and the pain gets so bad it physically contorts his body. Some days all he can manage is to stare at the ceiling he hurts so much. He's not one to lay around. I don't believe there is any such thing as "controlling" pain.

The first part part of March this man was climbing 80 foot verticle towers! Now a shower or eating a meal is a big deal. I can't let him shower alone, he needs help dressing, he shakes and has a hard time writing. We don't have much time. Suffering doesn't happen to just the person going through it. This cancer is a rollercoaster of crisis': Each is another kick in the gut.  Bills are piling up and I am spread thin trying to keep my head above water.

This is horrible. Recently I was reading something about St. Cathrine of Sienna. I found myself wishing for her life and not mine. It occurred to me how arrogant that is. I've seen some suffering and loss already in my life. But God has given me a a life with many blessings, talents, abilities,as well! In a min. I wished it away for something that looked easier! God's grace is completely enough! It was very wrong! For now cancer and loss is part of Gods grace. Grace even in the face of the massive loss. I'm praying for God's Mercy.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Kind friend. I will not stop praying for you. Chronic conditions wear on you. You don't sound like a sissy or a whiner. You are suffering.

Do do not wish the life God has given you away. Suffering allows you to be so close to God.

My my husband is dying. It's in a most horrible way. He is suffering! He has pancreatic cancer and the pain gets so bad it physically contorts his body. Some days all he can manage is to stare at the ceiling he hurts so much. He's not one to lay around. I don't believe there is any such thing as "controlling" pain.

The first part part of March this man was climbing 80 foot verticle towers! Now a shower or eating a meal is a big deal. I can't let him shower alone, he needs help dressing, he shakes and has a hard time writing. We don't have much time. Suffering doesn't happen to just the person going through it. This cancer is a rollercoaster of crisis': Each is another kick in the gut.  Bills are piling up and I am spread thin trying to keep my head above water.

This is horrible. Recently I was reading something about St. Cathrine of Sienna. I found myself wishing for her life and not mine. It occurred to me how arrogant that is. I've seen some suffering and loss already in my life. But God has given me a a life with many blessings, talents, abilities,as well! In a min. I wished it away for something that looked easier! God's grace is completely enough! It was very wrong! For now cancer and loss is part of Gods grace. Grace even in the face of the massive loss. I'm praying for God's Mercy.
View Quote
Wow.  I will keep you, your Husband, and BlackRifle76 in my prayers.  I'm sorry for what you guys are all going through.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wow.  I will keep you, your Husband, and BlackRifle76 in my prayers.  I'm sorry for what you guys are all going through.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top