Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 6:53:16 AM EDT
Niece, age 15, diagnosed with retro-peritoneal sarcoma. Christian, smart, pretty, cheerleader. Good kid. Good family. Multi-organ involvement. Surgery Tuesday for specific ID of cancer. Prognosis grim but her youth and general health offer some hope. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ETA: Her name is Rachel.

UPDATE: 90% certainty: NO CANCER! Waiting on pathology for final word. What they did find was one of the most involved, complex and apparently BENIGN abcesses they had ever seen in someone her age. Appeared as cancer on CT, MRI and  PET scans. Even had abnormal liver functions. Looks like she will be on antibiotics for awhile and have a drain. She gets to keep her kidneys and no liver resection. It seems she will be just fine! Praise God! and thanks to those who offered prayers of support!

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you and in advance I extend our thanks to others who may offer their prayers. I have seen prayers answered in my lifetime and the mercy of God, even in bad things. God willing, may this family be additionally blessed by His mercy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You got 'em.

Poor kid
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Done
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#6]
So sorry, prayers sent..
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Done.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Prayers sent for her, her family and that God gives the doctors to tools to heal her!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers out as I write. This hits home as my 86 year old mom was diagnosed with cancer last week. In her present condition she would never surive chemo, radiation or surgery. We have brought her home to pamper her for what time she has remaining. Hospice is now involved and I am blessed with a loving, caring wife that will be the primary caregiver. God bless you niece and your family.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top