Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2009 3:23:26 PM EDT
I have a Buick 340-2 that i've had for 15 years or more and it's taking up space. Anyone know what the going price for such a engine is nowadays. I've googled several time and i've seen remanufacutred. The motor ran when I took it out years ago but smoked. Any help would be appreciated

oops forgot that there is a Powerglide trany atached to it and it worked as well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Powerglide is worth more than that motor. As far as price, couple hundred bucks maybe. Youd have to find someone that is looking for that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The  trans is a Dyna-glide, a bit different from a Powerglide. The 340 Buick was last made in '65.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top