Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 12:27:16 PM EDT
Any opinions on the higher end 'platinum' or 'iridium' plugs? I've been runnin regular ole champions in a 96 Softail with a 110" Revtech. Never had any problems but I'm always lookin to get every ounce of performance that I possibly can. I've been considering trying out a set of the 'premium' plugs. Any suggestions or are they even worth the price? Consider that I pick up a 10 pack of Champions for $7.99 and a single NGK, Bosch or Denso iridium plug ranges between $8-$10.
Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard plugs need to be replaced more often. Platnium plugs last longer but have more resistance. Most high performance ignition systems state that you shoul not run platnum plugs due to the high resistance.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, here's somebody who posted their results from putting NGK Iridium plugs on a spark tester:

forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=41609&page=2 (last post in the thread)

I put a pair in my bike and noticed quicker startup when cold, but no difference as far as preformance goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top