Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:49:32 PM EDT
Some are the actual bikes, some are just representative shots found online.  Missing a Yamaha tt125/160 motard and a Honda Xr100.

First bike, Yamaha Radian 600 (did my first trackday on it with Randy Renfrow)

Randy was tearing it up on an Fj1200!  

1987 GSXR750

1989 FZR600

1982 GS700 (mine was maroon, this pic is of a later year I believe)

1993 VFR

Short-lived Magna (not a cruiser guy I realized)

Seca 600. Bought it from a friend to flip it.

VFR800.  Nice bike but soul-less

2000 R1

2004 R1

2001 SV650S. Bought in street trim for a killer deal.  Became dedicated track bike. Still running WERA endurace today with Team Charm. Actually bought and sold this one twice!

1998 Aprilia RS250.  Intro to 2 strokes.  Shortly afterwards sold the SV.

2003 GSXR750.  Great bike.  Only had it on the track.  Stupid-fast.

1997 TZ250.  First real GP bike. OMG!

2004 CBR F4i.  Really nice bike but bought it to flip it so it didn't stay around long.

1994 TZ250.  Bought with blown engine.  Rebuilt and sold it.

2006 Honda RS125.  Really regret selling this one.

2000 Honda RS250.  Bought with blown engine.  Rebuilt and sold it.

2007 Yamaha TZ125.  Temporarily lost the desire to deal with the track so sold it off.

Very happy with my current Rides

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Very, very cool!  

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent scrapbook; the only way it could be better is if all were actually your own pictures.  But I digress, you've had a great variety of makes, models, and types.  I'm jealous!

I hope to be able to post my own someday; I'm only at 5 bikes right now (and 4 years,) but I've got plenty of time to accumulate more junk!  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  It's really a sort of rotating fund.  I would have kept a lot more of them if I would have had the room and money.  Despite my screen name I don't seem to take many pics of my own bikes but over half of these are actual pics of the bikes.  I did neglect to get a pic of the 2000 Aprilia RS250 I had for a short time alongside the one shown. So that's one more bike to the list!  I had blown a gear on the red Aprilia at VIR and found a good deal on the 2000 while I waited for parts.  Bought the 2000, put it's cassette tranny into the red bike.  When the new gears arrived, I fixed the tranny and put it into the 2000 and sold it to a guy in California.  Last I heard he was still enjoying the bike.

I am still in touch with the owner of the red Aprilia, the SV650, and all of the 2 stroke GP bikes I've owned.  I wish I knew what happened to the others.  Someday I may actually make use of wwww.dudeswheresmybike.com and see if I can track them down.  No, that's not a real site; just an idea I had.

I posted this as much for general interest as to jar my memory.  I wanted to make a list of the bikes I've owned with pics, memories and what I had done to them.  Obviously there are a lot of details I've not posted but I thought it might be interesting to some folks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top