Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 4:55:22 PM EDT
I found an 07 KTM 450 EXC with a bit over 100miles on it and 37 hours.  It is in good cosmetic shape all in all.  The guy wants 5200 for it.  

I am very familiar with automotive engines, and it almost sounds like the bike has some rod knock or something.  Are these engines typically noisy?  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an '07 myself and yes it is a good bike...If you buy it and it has not been done already cut the "restrictor" out of the stock can and add a JD Jet Kit and you will have a whole new bike power wise...They are really choked down stock and very lean in order to make emissions.....Mine did chatter a little bit, without hearing it I can't say if yours is normal or a problem..

Go Here for KTM info..
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a pic of mine before I sold it...I put Behr racing rims and Pilot Powers on it for the street, that combo was a ticket looking for a place to happen....

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the board link, but those admin pukes won't let me use my gmail account.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the board link, but those admin pukes won't let me use my gmail account.  

yeah, I ended up using an e-mail addy that belonged to a freind just to get registered...I think they are just trying to keep spammers out by doing that, they are also keeping potential members out as well...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
100 miles in 37 hrs. ???/

I call BS on milage.

It still doesn't sound like a bad deal, the milage just doesn't seem right unless they rode the "5 miles of hell" 20 times in a row.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
KTM is a good machine.
Keep up with the maint.!

Where is that boner icon?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
100 miles in 37 hrs. ???/

I call BS on milage.

It still doesn't sound like a bad deal, the milage just doesn't seem right unless they rode the "5 miles of hell" 20 times in a row.  

Well, maybe he idled for an hour before each mile?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top