Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 11:48:00 AM EDT
We're finally looking at a new rig, & the 4Runner looks good on paper.  The wife really wants to get the LE for the inerior leather seat package option, but I'm liking the Sport model myself.  Anyone have experience w/ the late/current design incarnation?  How does the V-6 hold up?  I've heard the prior-gen 4Runner V-6 had reliability issues, which is surprising for a Toyota.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
There are 3 gererations,2002-96/96-94IIRC/94-88.I'f you want a car payment...or can pay cash, buy a 06 one.I've had 3. 88.97,02. All 3.6liter 6cyl. Never any problems,I've had 3, or I wound not re-up w/these. HOW MUCH R U paying?......I' never paid more than 8k(they were in a tight spot). All 2 yrs old when purchased private party. If you can pay cash for a new one and want to hold it till 2020 thats fine.The sport/stupid hood thingie gets the motor dirty,the LE has a few more options.(lea/gold emblems that are "classier than the silver onesbla/bla >>However they all(sr5) have enough options for whom would think they struck gold with the most basic 4runner used pkg if you look around and come w/cash. Alot of options are standard.Financing will put the cost @ what 45/50k for a new one. My next one will be 10 yrs from now, if i live that long.
ETA go to www.yodaforums.com Google it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top