Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 8:29:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
put them on the bumper or on a push bar setup on the front.  lights on the roof light up your hood and make driving at night kind of a pain with the reflection.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
KC makes good lights.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I already have 2 fog lights up on the pushbar in front of the truck

well then you can toss them on the rack, I guess you could make some plastic tabs to block the light from hitting the hood if it bothers you too much.  

hella 550s are great lights and far less expensive than the HIDs you're looking at.  not as bright but still darn good.  KC is the industry standard, look there too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
If anything mount them on the REAR of the rack to give you some better lights for BACKING. Plus it helps when unloading stuff at nite, etc.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:48:12 AM EDT
[#6]
They will work good and give you better depth perception at night than pushbar mounted lights. Be sure to mount them far enough forward so the light will hit the ground not too far ahead nor do you want them mounted where they light up your hood and blind you at night.
ETA, for rearward pointing unloading lights drop into your local truckstop and get a set of tractor hook up lights, they put out a good amount of light with a diffused beam and are mounted in sturdy vibration absorber mounts. Afterall, they are made especially for that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#7]
That looks a little to tactical for NYC But it sounds wise, I just bought another SUV that apparently had a bike rack on the back and its all scratched up from the bikes "in transit" movement. Do you really need more fixed lighting?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Do you really need more fixed lighting?

Ya can never have TOO many lights.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Dude, its a Nissan Xterra! Fur' pete's sake, what do you need lights for in the grocery store parking lot?  
Seriously, I'd pass on the big overheads in favor of a big backup light. Lord knows the guy hooking the tow chain up will appriciate it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top