Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 7:43:33 PM EDT
for a '92 Ford E-250 van with 5.8 motor ?

Goto dealer for motorcraft ?

Autolites at pepboys just as good ?

Van is for work only and gas mileage is the main concern.

Right now I'm only getting 7.5 mpg !!!! It is killing me. I know it needs plugs so I'm gonna put wires, cap, and rotor on also.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you need an engine that doesn't use sparkplugs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
IMO motorcraft and autolite are both crap. I have switched over to NGK or Denso for all my plug needs and I like MSD wires but your van would probably be served just fine with some new wires, cap and rotor from Autozone. No need to go for expensive performance parts. As for plugs get NGK or Denso coppers they are no more expensive than any other copper plug. Stay away from platinum and iridium crap for $10 a plug they foul just the same. Stay with the $1.50 coppers and change them every six months or so. When you do your tune up dont overlook the PCV valve either. It's a $2.50 part that can make the van run like crap.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Autolite plugs are the same as Motorcraft. ;) For wires, I always like putting Motorcraft on my Fords.

[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top