Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 8:56:26 PM EDT
Need a new rear tire for my HD Electra Glide. Currently have a Dunlop 491 which I believe
is recommended by HD. Didn't seem to get that much mileage out of it. Anybody have any
comments or suggestions for other makes? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:26:11 AM EDT
[#1]
The new Dunlop Elite IIIs have been getting very good reviews on the VROC scoot board I frequent, that said however I run the Metzeler ME880s on my V-twin.

They cost more than the Dunlops Elite IIIs and don't get quite the milage, but then I generally run "heavy" (equal to 2 up in most cases) so the 10-11K I do get isn't bad for what I consider to be one of the best "wet-traction" tires made.

Note: I own NO auto/truck, (just the scoot) so wet performance is of paramount importance to me.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:39:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I run Avon venoms on my Indian Scout. I like the sticky of them. They do wear more quickly. My Road King runs the dunlops. Nowhere near as sticky, but they do last longer. I'd just go back with the Dunlops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top