Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:12:50 PM EDT
Today was my lucky day. Cruisin down the highway about 75 in the slow lane. The guy riding lead swerved to miss....a ladder. Oh shit. I've got a split second to make a decision. I glance left and theres an 18 wheeler with 8 wheels still behind me. Crap. Look at the ladder and see I cant swerve thaaaat far right. So...I crank the throttle wide open and stand up. I get closer and hope and pray and hope some more that I'll make it...and just as I got thru, I feel it. I'm not 100% sure what happened after I felt it, but it felt like a lightswitch got flipped on and I'm calming the bike after a little wobble. Holy crap, I'm still upright and doing about 77-78mph.
Immediately pull over so I can check out the bike. All I ended up with was a good story and a light cut on the front tire. I'm still amazed by what happened.

Sabre - 1
Ladder - 0
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Glad you made it!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thing last year.  Exactly.

Wooden pallet.

Whew.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Check your shorts
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, has your heart stopped beating yet?

I was once told there are 2 types of motorcycle riders, those who have fallen off and those who will..............
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wow, has your heart stopped beating yet?

I was once told there are 2 types of motorcycle riders, those who have fallen off and those who will..............

I avoided the heart attack.  I've fallen off before, so I've been down that road (on that road?) and know its a painful one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I would have went back and tried to get the ladder
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top