Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 12:15:19 PM EDT
I ordered a set of the GM Accessory 20” wheels for my '17 SS and was planning on having them chrome plated (they come black). This is proving to be more difficult than I had envisioned. To complicate things the few places that I’ve found only do PVD. I would like to get some experienced opinions on real chrome plating vs. PVD and to whom that I might send them. I nervous about sending $3,000 worth of wheels somewhere to be potentially ruined. I would appreciate any advice that you can give me. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I assume they are aluminum. If so, I'm not a fan of chrome plated aluminum. Hard to get tires to seal some times. Stuff flakes off if they get driven in poor weather. Can they be polished? Would be my question.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
They are aluminum. I thought about having them polished but, too much upkeep. The more I read, the more I'm getting ok with PVD.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
My F150 Lariat has PVD on top of aluminum wheels. I am happy with then, no complaints.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top