Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2014 2:42:59 AM EDT
Got the info second hand when I was asked about a vehicle problem. Mostly outside of my knowledge area so I come here.

Vehicle is listed above. It was in cruise doing 60 and all of a sudden the cruise shut off. Apparently attempted to use the go pedal and nothing would happen. So pulled off the road and shut it down. No CEL/MIL.

Vehicle was let set for about 15-20 and then restarted and it performed just fine. Cruise worked at 35-70, throttle pedal worked, and it had plenty of get up and go.

My thought would have been a TPS sensor. However, given the absence of CEL I am not so sure.

Anyway just hoping for some suggestions on what to checkout since it is a family vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Crank/cam sensor or some electrical gremlin.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#2]
without seeing the cruise control data stream during the shut off it could be anything.
Brake lamp switch and a bump in the road or the multi function switch on the steering column.
I'm not a fan of loading parts into the Blunderbuss and firing them into a car.
Good Luck, most affordable scanners don't supply much data in that area.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

without seeing the cruise control data stream during the shut off it could be anything.

Brake lamp switch and a bump in the road or the multi function switch on the steering column.

I'm not a fan of loading parts into the Blunderbuss and firing them into a car.

Good Luck, most affordable scanners don't supply much data in that area.

View Quote

I'm going to have to steal that expression.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate the info guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top