Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2014 9:04:43 PM EDT
On the way home I stopped at a grocery store. On my way out of the store an old man sitting on one of the electric carts calls me over.

It turns out he had been behind me on part of the drive to the store. He proceeds to tell me that he saw me moving back and forth in my lane and had called the cops on me. (see THIS thread to discuss my driving) He then continues on to say that he had wished I would wreck and be run over by the car immediately following me.

Staying calm and polite, I apologize for having disappointed him. As he started steering into the store, he said that maybe I could still wreck and die on my way home. The best I could come up with on the spot was "Anything could happen".

I have to say, this is the first time that someone has wished me a gruesome death like this. I guess I should be happy that he didn't realize I was going to the same store. I suspect he might have knocked it over or vandalized it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
hehe. Some folks need a fork in their ass.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
You could have called security and said there's a drunk weaving in the isles on his jazzi-chair.  

But was there any merit to his anger?  Were you actually weaving or doing anything wreckless?  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You should have grabbed your crotch, spit on him, and said "Fuck you, old man.  You're just pissed because you can't get it up."
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You do know you do not have to stand there and let strangers spew their venom on you, right?

Sorry you had a miserable POS try to ruin your day. Some people are nasty jerks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Should have smiled and told him, "Well, God still loves you in spite of your anger. Have you prayed to Jesus about this? Now, have a blessed day, sir!" Give a smile and walk off.

It just drives that type into a pure frenzy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
EMT - There's a nice linked thread in the first post to discuss my driving.

Fred - Dude was in one of those electric carts - I doubt he could even stand up, let alone get that up. No pissing on him needed. The fact I was walking out to ride a motorcycle home was enough expression of dominance.

MissMe - I wasn't feeling obligated to stand there and listen to him. It was basic manners when he called for me, and curiosity after that. Both about what he would say next, and what polite responses I could give that might infuriate him more.

WGanz - Yeah... I was trying for the best responses possible. I'm not one of those naturally glib improv aficionados though, so I'm reasonably happy with having been able to apologize for not being killed as he had wished.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Should have tipped his power chair over and wished him a good evening.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry old fucker, it's hard to steer with your old lady trying to suck my socks through my cock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Bored sport Bike riding squid.

Vs

Grand Marquis wielding geriatric.

There's a high possibility you both may be completely right with the only real winners in such an event being on the organ donor waiting list.

I do however applaud your restraint and polite demeanor addressing a senior citizen. Right, wrong or batchit crazy I was raised to believe that's an important thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Bored sport Bike riding squid.

It's an old Bandit 600 - I guess that's close enough to a sportbike.

Grand Marquis wielding geriatric.

If I recall a previous intersection properly, it WAS a red Grand Marquis. Good guess!

...the only real winners in such an event being on the organ donor waiting list.

I just double checked - I do have the organ donor endorsement on my license.

In a related funny, I was recently visiting a family member in the hospital. I'm standing there with my jacket and helmet as the nurses do their job on the patient. Poor girl didn't know how to react when I had a comment about being surprised there wasn't better parking for donor-cycles.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I would have laughed super loud right in his face.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would have laughed FARTED super loud right in his face.
View Quote

Fixed.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You handled that with class and I applaud you.
View Quote

Sounds about right to me.  Some of the posts above are pretty uncivil and only serve to make matters worse.  

The way you handled it, it was his problem, not yours,... and still is.

Illegal or not, I think the weaving in your lane is an improper way to operate a motor vehicle, especially a motorcycle.  I'd suggest you not do that unless you want a LOT more attention.  If you want attention, you'll get it.  If you don't want undue attention, stop.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#15]

I would have told him that I hope is life lasted at least twice as long as it has so far.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:51:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sounds about right to me.  Some of the posts above are pretty uncivil and only serve to make matters worse.  

Illegal or not, I think the weaving in your lane is an improper way to operate a motor vehicle, especially a motorcycle.  I'd suggest you not do that unless you want a LOT more attention.  If you want attention, you'll get it.  If you don't want undue attention, stop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You handled that with class and I applaud you.

At the bare minimum, driving like that dedicates you to a rhythm that has you motorcycle out of it's neutral attitude which will ultimately find you at a disadvantage to react without the delay of having to correct what may possibly be your bikes completely opposite attitude from what is necessary for maneuvers to avoid an unexpected change in the traffic around you or an obstacle in the road that you see at the last minute, you know, the type of situation where a split second reaction saves your ass.

In short unless you are on open rod with an excellent view of the surface and all that may enter in an intersecting path, unnecessarily weaving is poor form that increases the odds that you will get bit.

No insult intended, just food for thought is all.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#17]
"better to die on the street than end up in a chair like you..."  that was the correct brutal answer...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You should have grabbed your crotch, spit on him, and said "Fuck you, old man.  You're just pissed because you can't get it up."
View Quote

I don't know why, but this had me in hysterics. Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"better to die on the street than end up in a chair like you..."  that was the correct brutal answer...
View Quote

Um yeah. Except it's not.

If you road pizza out at a young age how ya gonna make it to that wonderful age when it becomes acceptable to wear blue slacks, a "Ben Hogan" and leer inappropriately at women a quarter your age from a bench at the park or mall food court?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a guy do something like that to me on the bike one time. I was moving around a lot in stop-go-traffic, trying to stay out of blind spots and avoid the lane-changers. When I get stopped, some dude pulls up beside me and starts talking. I shut the bike off, look over and he's going on about how I ride like a lunatic and I deserve to wreck.

I just looked at him like he was retarded, and said "I hope when I do, it's right into you". And, fired the bike back up. Some people are just assbags.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I would have just told him the truth:  "Realistically, it's far more likely, you'll be the one to crash and burn"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top