Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2013 8:32:21 AM EDT
...and significant negative input?  2013, Limited, 3rd row seating, JBL 7" screen package.

Currently own a Tundra, looking for midsize SUV, love the body on frame 4runner.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont have any specific input on the runners but in my opinion after working in a toyota dealership years ago they are like glock in the way that it is pretty rare for them to kick out a turd.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#2]
3rd row seating sucks for adults.  Kids can climb back there easy enough.  If that is a priority look a the highlander.  

I have a 2011 with 3rd row.  Great vehicle, but i'd just as soon have the extra storage and not the seats after seeing how they work

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#3]
14.5 average MPH.

I just bought one myself.  Wish I would have bought the LR4 after driving it only 900 miles.  But then again, it's my first Toyota.  No seat position memory (for when wife drives it), getting into 3rd row is pain in the ass for the kids, when the 3rd row is up you can barely see out of the rear window.  The rear window wiper clears only half the window.  Turn radius sucks beyond belief.  Nav center won't let you do shit while you're moving. No rear heater/AC for the 2nd/3rd rows.  Thing will not shut the fuck up if you don't latch your seat belt.... I'll think of some more

ETA more:

position of controls is really weird.  There's a button on the right side of steering wheel, down low that does something to the sound of the radio, some boost thing.  not on the radio itself.

traction,roll and  down hill controls are overhead next to the moon roof controls and rear mirror dimmer switch.  

Heat warmer switch is very small and a roll type switch..

There's virtually zero room behind the 3rd row for storage when it's up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
14.5 average MPH.

I just bought one myself.  Wish I would have bought the LR4 after driving it only 900 miles.  But then again, it's my first Toyota.  No seat position memory (for when wife drives it), getting into 3rd row is pain in the ass for the kids, when the 3rd row is up you can barely see out of the rear window.  The rear window wiper clears only half the window.  Turn radius sucks beyond belief.  Nav center won't let you do shit while you're moving. No rear heater/AC for the 2nd/3rd rows.  Thing will not shut the fuck up if you don't latch your seat belt.... I'll think of some more

Yea, I'm a bit surprised in 2013 memory seating isn't standard on their higher end trim.  As for the 3rd row, yea, kids only....and they have the energy to make that hurdle.  And the nav center, that part sucks, but in a small way I'm glad all these yahoos cant punch in numbers and address while driving down the damn interstate.

All the models I've looked at have 2nd row seating.

And for the seat belt, cut a mold of the seatbelt out of kydex (or a dvd case) and insert them in the seat-belt receiver.  I do this all the time on my hunting property with the Tundra.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, and outside lights aren't LED.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#6]
[

And for the seat belt, cut a mold of the seatbelt out of kydex (or a dvd case) and insert them in the seat-belt receiver.  I do this all the time on my hunting property with the Tundra.

haha!!  Good idea!

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#7]
But like the guy above said, they're build like Glocks and will run a very long time.  I see a lot of older models still being waxed and driven with pride all over the place.  

As you can probably tell by my bitching, I was expecting more from the top of the line Limited and the 40k.  I chose it because I though the v6 would save me some gas $$ over a v8.  I was wrong.  It gets EXACTLY the same MPG as my Chev Tahoe did... but has a 2 gallon smaller gas tank so now I can't drive as far without filling up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
But like the guy above said, they're build like Glocks and will run a very long time.  I see a lot of older models still being waxed and driven with pride all over the place.  

As you can probably tell by my bitching, I was expecting more from the top of the line Limited and the 40k.  I chose it because I though the v6 would save me some gas $$ over a v8.  I was wrong.  It gets EXACTLY the same MPG as my Chev Tahoe did... but has a 2 gallon smaller gas tank so now I can't drive as far without filling up.

If you want all that luxo crap, you should have bought a GX460. You have a lead foot or something is wrong with yours. I have a TE with heavy LT tires, about 400 extra pounds of armor, sliders, and recovery gear, and get 16 in town, 20 at 55mph, and 18 at 75mph.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Tacoma a few months ago.  Basically, it's not the cutting edge of technology.  It's definitely behind the curve and yes, Mercedes and Land Rover and a bunch of others have more fancy gizmos.  These are not included because Toyota has not found a way to make these gizmos indestructible.  I expect my vehicle to go wherever I want to and bring me back.  I'm not worried about not being able to access facebook on the go.  That's why I got the Toyota.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Whatever you do, don't plug in anything running IOS6. Bluetooth is fine but do not connect it with the cord.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 2012 SR5 with the 3rd row seating and other than the issue with no storage when up and being child sized seats, I have no other issues with it. I get 20-22 highway and 15-18 in town.

Although, if I could do it over, I'd go for the TE.

If you want more info on them check out T4R.org
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Taking delivery of my 4runner tomorrow.  Will post pictures soon after.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top