Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2011 10:27:42 AM EDT
A guy I know through work is looking to ditch his bike that he just dose not ride.  He said he would take $2500, but I got him to say $2000.  Bike looks perfect but has not been ridden in a few years... old gas, oil, etc...  There is a large scratch on the lip of the Front fender but it is otherwise great.  I know the guy wouldn't F-me because he needs my business.  Does this sound like a Sea-Foam, Carb cleaner spray, detail job?  If I have the funds, should I jump on it?
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#1]
$2000 nice price. I would pick it up and have a good shop tune it up, maybe $200-$300 well worth it. Nice bike for $2300
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If the bike is what you say it is, I'd pick that up in a minute.

A little work on the fuel system, then change the fluids (and probably tires because of age) and it should be good to go.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does this sound like a Sea-Foam, Carb cleaner spray, detail job?  If I have the funds, should I jump on it?

Sounds like it to me.  New plugs, new oil, probably a new battery, drain the fuel tank and pour half a can of sea foam into the first two tanks of gas.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top