Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 3:09:12 PM EDT
Anyone remember the smell of that stuff? Man I loved the smell of it a the race track.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Amen! One of the reasons I like two-strokes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes. I remember very well. I use to run R in my Husky motocross bike. I took the family up to the old Rheinbeck Airdrome a few summers ago. The old planes used caster oil for lubrication. Smelled the same. I still have a few cans of Castrol R in the garage!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
awesome!reminds me of the track too
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Yipper. Ran it in my yamaha RZ350 kenny roberts replica.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No Yamalube R? That stuff was good oil but it was no Castrol R.

Sometimes I would put a splash in the gas tank on my street bike just so I could smell it while i was driving.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Yamalube R? That stuff was good oil but it was no Castrol R.

Sometimes I would put a splash in the gas tank on my street bike just so I could smell it while i was driving.

I wasnt a fan of the yamalube. About the only specialized oil I used was Motul for my XR600, and some special synthetic stuff for my Ducati. Other than that I used Pennzoil 30w in most 4 strokes. The Castrol R was treat and I only had a small amount of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top