Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2009 7:37:55 PM EDT
I have been reading a little about these programs (Self Directed IRA with Check Book Control via a LLC) and was curious if anyone here has any experiecnce with this setup?  Thanks for any feedback.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.  Or sort of.  I have a SIMPLE setup with TD Ameritrade.

Be happy to answer any questions,

Not sure about a checkbook control or the need to put it in a LLC.

Sounds like excessive fees at first glance
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 3:41:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Apparently (from what I have read) you can setup up a self directed IRA with a couple of different companies that will allow you to direct your broker (called IRA guardian) to invest your funds in a LLC that you setup as a investment company.  For example you setup a LLC to invest in real estate and then have your broker buy shares of that LLC with your IRA money.  This allows you as manager of the LLC to invest those funds in a variety of different ways i.e. Land, rental property etc.  It seems their are some strict rules that make sure you don't use the property personally and I am just now learning about this so I was wanting to know if anyone has tried this or knows someone that did?  Thanks for the Help/Advice.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You saw my thead a few down in this forum?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm an advisor, what's your questions about them???
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Tmain, call me at 1 866 99CROWE if you still have questions about this, I think we can point you in the right direction as we have a little experience with this type of thing...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top