Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:02:06 PM EDT
Taxes and inflation are crucial to the rate of your "_real_" return. Humans are gifted by evoloution w/ the highest inteligence and are at the top of the food chain,....however they [some more so] are cursed w/emotion(women MORE than most men) concerning investing. The risk reward ratio between 100% equites and a 80%eq/20%fixed income suggests the latter is a better position over time. ALSO, time and patience are crucial. Women that RAG about their situation should go to school and get a 6figure job. I'd ""be happy"" and B A stay home person in that equation. Women/people want 2much in these PC days!!!!!AND men w/o their gonads can try but never win. That is all. Yeah, its a broad* stroke lock it if you C fit. Cya, mags ......posted after reading a PO8 locked thread.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
um... ok.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey. I'm taking a course and I am around 50yrs old. I do not think the teacher had an adgenda.....do you? of course im paraphrasing! The first week is principles,>[asset allocation,choices,CONTROL TAXES,manage risk]. The second week is investing for income >[govt and corp bonds,munies,cd,fixed annuities] Third week is mutual funds and stks.The fourth week is MOST COMMON MISTAKES that should be good! and the fifth week is investing for retirement. I hope this course helps me with things i know about but still do not understand fully.Being retired isnt all its cracked up to be believe me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Ya lost me too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not much of a poster. However I'll try for the next month during the course I'm taking to post as much NEW information I learn from this course to benifit anyone here..I only haveexperiance w/indexes/sector funds/and single stock investing.Nothing else.I got alot of book reading 2do.The fact that I have slight nurological damage contributes to the composition of my posts,sorry.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#5]
How "typical" financial advisor telling you to ASSET ALLOCTE are not gonna help thesedays. You gotta try to predict the future where the "DEMAND" of sector are.

It is ovious that petro has a near for sure demand due to china and other asian countries that are starting to get their factories built.

You know the pharmaceuticals / health care/ insurance / biotechs will have lots of future demand because all the baby boomers will be retiring soon.

If you want to see short runs, you will see telecom/ equipment sectors will boom (espectially opticals and later laser sector following), because they gotta replace their stuff soon with the optics.

Those are part of "easy" predictions people can do.

Allocating into fixed income, equities, reits, and some other funds can be helpful, but it can be done only depends what you are suitable.

By the way, I totally agree with the REAL wage being lower due to higher inflation rates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top