Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 2:54:42 PM EDT
Does anyone know what the process for becoming an EOD or Navy Diver is?  I’ve been considering going Navy, but I am only really interested in a job in which I use weapons, haha.  

Now, I realize that you are all probably very tempted to insult me and make a bunch of snide comments, but please just give me the information I’m looking for.  I made it through Marine boot camp and AIT in 2000 with no problems, and I’d be in now if I hadn’t hurt my knee and gotten a medical discharge.  My knee is 100% now, by the way, and physical conditioning is no problem at all.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!  That is a great help, thanks for the directification.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I am working with Marine and Navy EOD here now.  If you send me an IM I can give you the phone number of a Sr. Chief that is in charge of Navy eod recruiting(so to speak) for the east coast.  He should be able to point you in the right direction.

-bjohnson

ps. I dont recall going through AIT(Hooah) after boot.. MCT maybe...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#4]
www.my.fragweb.com

here is a link for an EOD forum. I was Army EOD but everybody went to the same school. It's actually run by the Navy. School hompage  and the EOD Dive School

Either find an EOD shop in your local area and go talk with them or head over to the Fragweb, you won't be the first guy to ask the questions.

Good luck! EOD school is one though mother!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top