Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2018 11:15:48 PM EDT
Hello group,

I have a family member who is enlisting in the USMCR, but his recruiter doesn't know details about the 8621 school after MCT. Can anyone let me know what the duration is and if possible, the start and end dates?  Even a general idea would be helpful.  Feel free to message or email.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't a Marine(Hospital Corpsman W/ 3rd Mar Div) Ground sensor surveillance training sounds like junk maybe one step up from 8828 advanced dildo technician.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but I see allot of mess cranking and manual labor in his future. He couldn't do any better? There are certain MOS's that look good on paper but in reality you end up doing everything but what you were trained to do.

I recommend trying for something that will prepare him for a career in and out of the Corps.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#2]
This will help..

Ground Sensor Platoon
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
If it’s the guys I’m thinking of, they used to do dets all the time to the border with CBP.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
8621 is S.C.A.M.P. =
Sensor Control And Management Patrol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top