Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2018 7:59:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew]
I’m just looking for any info I can relay. Whatever you can tell me about the base or area would be appreciated. Things to bring, things to leave home, etc.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:30:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#1]
Would expect him to have regular mail out of Kuwait, so anything he's missing will take a week or so to get there.  Dunno if they've reopened a PX up there or not.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Maybe delete your post and not tell the enemy where your brother is going and how he will be armed?
View Quote
I'm sure they are keeping close tabs on obscure internet forums to see where mechanics might be rotated.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 2:42:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I know it is kinda sparse. As for specifics like living conditions, are pretty rough. Tents and chues. Real basic. You can buy a hotspot and pay for service, but I am not sure how good it is. PX is a trailer last I heard.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Taji used to be huge. No idea now. Good luck to him. I’m sure RT Tampa still sucks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Still huge. Hot.
Airfield is a good hike from everything good.
Amenities are within walking distance of your chu.
Buses seem to be ok for transpo.
Main chow hall is baller.
Lots of coalition splittail walking around in silkies with pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top