Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2010 3:50:39 PM EDT
Do I have to go through some agency? I know that you can't just send them with an open recipient anymore. If some there are a few (three or four)  guys serving over there that  would like to receive them IM me an address, also tell me what your needs are.

Alvin
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If you send a carton of Marlboro Lights (or whatever they are called now), a log of Copenhagen, or half a dozen pouches of Levi Garret you will make someone very happy.

Hell, just send all three.

I don't have any close friends that are overseas right now, but one that is at MOB. I'll be around to harrass you guys with his units address soon enough.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you send a carton of Marlboro Lights (or whatever they are called now), a log of Copenhagen, or half a dozen pouches of Levi Garret you will make someone very happy.

Hell, just send all three.

I don't have any close friends that are overseas right now, but one that is at MOB. I'll be around to harrass you guys with his units address soon enough.

throw in some Redman Golden Blend pouches.  I had a few and I was a hero to some.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
To get back to your question, I think you can go to the USO's website and link up with them concerning care packages.  The Red Cross and believe it or not, the Salvation Army may have something too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]
CH (CPT) Philip Raybon or PFC Earl Bundage
3/2 SQDN
2d Strkyer Cavalry Regiment
FOB Ramrod
APO, AE 09313
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I am leaving for Afghanistan in four weeks and if you want to help me out with a carton of Camels I wont stop you Seriously though, I don't even know how my wife is going to be able to get a hold of me. They told us from the time a package is sent it takes anywhere from 3-5 weeks to get to us
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:28:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I am leaving for Afghanistan in four weeks and if you want to help me out with a carton of Camels I wont stop you Seriously though, I don't even know how my wife is going to be able to get a hold of me. They told us from the time a package is sent it takes anywhere from 3-5 weeks to get to us

quit your bitching. Mail in Afghanistan has been taking a little over a week to get to us, at least to our headquarters element back at the FOB.  Mail in Iraq a couple years ago used to take up to a couple months.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well I have been mailing out a packages to my cousin at FOB Lindsey for the last two months and it gets there in 5-6 days so someone is feeding you BS.

For some reason it really is consistant. It always shows up 5-6 days later never 4 or 7... very odd but then again it's the military...

when he was out in the death FOB it did take 8 days but then again he was WAY out there in a hole in the wall but even there he got them within 8 days...

I wouldn't worry, just have her ship your packages and be happy when you get them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:49:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

quit your bitching. Mail in Afghanistan has been taking a little over a week to get to us, at least to our headquarters element back at the FOB.  Mail in Iraq a couple years ago used to take up to a couple months.

+1 on Iraq. When my cousin was in Iraq for 05-06 it took about 2-3 weeks to get stuff to him... that was a nightmare.. now USPS has nice boxes, easy forms and even kits if you request it... nothing like the old days of shoving it all in a box, filling out a form and hoping to get it to him. Hell I even get delivery confirmation now to Afganistan with the packages I mail out now...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top