Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 3:53:24 PM EDT

My case has the space for dual power supplies.

I would like to add more hard drives that would run off the second.

How do I make it work?  Is there a special wiring hookup I have to get?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
you have to hotwire it you can wire a switch using these pins

ETA: there may be a dongle for dual psu's but i wouldnt know where to find one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like a waste of wattage to me since even the lowest wattage PS will have more than enough for a few drives
if it was me I'd just get a higher capacity single PSU
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Thanks for all the help. I did some more research based on what everyone said, then had a brainstorm and searched the closet. I found that a cable like the one on this page came with the tower, but alas it's not right for the newer type of motherboard I have. I guess I can splice it into the other PSU's cables to get it to work, but I'll look for a compatible cable first, since I don't need this asap.

www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=faq&ftype=1&xs=1&serial=106
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:02:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Just use one good powerful PSU, rather than running two.  Much easier to do and much more stable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top