Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:38:20 AM EDT
I can type my post on my email window and cut and paste it to ARFCOM but other than that I can't do it [unless I use the online screen].

Any suggestions?  Patty
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:52:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can type my post on my email window and cut and paste it to ARFCOM but other than that I can't do it [unless I use the online screen].

Any suggestions?  Patty

I can't help you , because I am too dumb to understand your problem

Why not just use the screen?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:55:27 AM EDT
[#3]
First clean all the white out off the screen. Then try it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
First clean all the white out off the screen. Then try it.

OUCH!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Get a quality keyboard and don't let anyone else abuse it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any suggestions?  Patty

do you mean cut and paste only works from your email program? ie... if you cut something from notepad or another program it won't paste?

I can not see to type my ARFCOM messages on ARFCOM.  As I type my window will close automatically and I have to start over.

well my problem is I can't hit reply and type on the ARFCOM window.  I have to use my email or notepad type it there and then cut and paste my response.

Blah Pooby!

Patty
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#7]
If I didnt do it, someone else would have.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If I didnt do it, someone else would have.

I should have seen it coming.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I can not see to type my ARFCOM messages on ARFCOM.  As I type my window will close automatically and I have to start over.

well my problem is I can't hit reply and type on the ARFCOM window.  I have to use my email or notepad type it there and then cut and paste my response.

Blah Pooby!

Patty

I had a similar problem about a week ago except that I could enter text using AFRCOMs composition window, but the backspace key wouldn't respond. I've since switched to Firefox and no more problems (I was previously using Netscape).

Most of the time I use the "cut-and-paste" method from my email program anyways. It's easier for me to read and the spell check is much better.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I've tried firefox, no helpy.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#11]
have you restarted the computer since the problem has started..

for a while there i was using firefox with  javascript disabled.  and i couldn't relply to messages.  you would click on it and nothing would happen.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Make a new Windows account, log on, and try again. Maybe it's just the account that's messed up.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Have you checked for spyware or viruses?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Have you checked for spyware or viruses?

Yes.  None. Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#15]
So if I get this straight my dear Patti...
* You try to reply to a message on arfcom by making use of  this window
* You cannot see  (your own typing?  Previous messages?) to type your arfcom messages
* As you type, your browser window closes (closes the browser application?...crashes to desktop?)
* typing in another application then copy/paste to that window, then clicking submit works ok
* Firefox didn't help (did the same thing?)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes Robbie, that is correct.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#17]
That's just odd.  My professional opinion is that you need to sacrifice a chicken to ward off the evil spirits.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#18]
id like to see a log from hijackthis from this PC link (click direct download)

do system scan with logfile and post the results here.  we will go from there

can you view secure web pages  secure web page test

open IE click help (up with file view favorites) and then click about IE.  Does it list a browser encryption level.  or is the page blank??
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Have you tired using system restore? Go back in time to when it was working.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Have you tired using system restore? Go back in time to when it was working.

I'd try doing that.

"To the wayback machine, Sherman!"

Also, I'd try clearing your IE cache just for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Auto-closing windows is a sign of a virus that went around ages ago.

Do the usual, run a full virus scan with an updated scanner, ad-aware, spybot, windows update, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, windows should not be closing by themselves...hmmm..I wish there was a way for websites to reliably crash browser windows...I can think of a practical joke or two for some friends..hehe...er...they'd probably crash my browser first....hmmm.

I'm still thinking browser issues or 3rd party application running with or without your knowledge.  I'd get a 3rd and 4th opinion (browser-wise) and go run Opera 8 and Netscape 7.2 (NS8 runs the Firefox and IE engines) just to see how they do it.  I'd also look at cleaning off anything "privacy," "pop-up," "Internet Security," or similarly related programs that modify how a browser accepts javascript.  Maybe go get Belarc Advisor or Everest and run a check to get a list of which programs are running/installed on your system.  AdAware, Spybot S&D, and running an antivirus check are fun tips to try (so is FDISK which always works, but it's a little bit of work).  And last...put on some clothes!

**ducks thrown objects from the male population of the planet**
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top