Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 6:22:56 PM EDT
Okay guys I need to get a new cd/dvd burner as I now have win xp as my os and and my original Easy CD Creator 4 is not supported on win xp.  I checked out the upgrade Easy Media Creator 7.5 for 99.99 with a 30 dollar mailin rebate, which comes with a dvd burner.  Other than that I have no clue where to start.  I would like to get into dvd burning but in the past I only used my burner for data cd's (.ppt presentations) and the ocassional music cd.  Any help would be great as I have no clue how much to spend or which is the best and which is the worst.

thanks
Iso
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0186924
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
first thing you need to do is run the removal tool, to remove the old cd burning software roxiozap

just buy a new drive from a local store or from newegg, it will come with new cd burning software included.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Check your current burner's company website and see if they have a free driver download or patch that will make it compatible with XP.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
get it from newegg.com like in the above link

i have gotten numerous parts from there(including a DVD burner) and no problems at all
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help guys.  I am going with the newegg piioneer burner.

Iso
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Nero.
Fuck everything else.

Buy a DVD burner that has Nero either as part of a bundle or else stand alone.
If not, spend the $70 or so to buy your own stand alone copy of Nero.

Don't forget to download DVD Shrink / DVD Dycryptor and get a Netflix account.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#9]
+1

Nero.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd get Nero for a program
roxio is known to fuck up the registry so that your cd drives disapear
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top