Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 4:48:58 PM EDT
I like it so far.

It came with the Roxio software.  

That messed up my machine.  It wound restart.  Had to use safe mode to get to a past point where all was OK,

Found A version of Nero that burns DVD's.  Haven't figured that out yet.

I was able to burn 2 DVD back ups of my movies with DVD Shrink, and DVD Decrypter.

I want Roxio to work, since I have heard you can record to DVD straight from my cam recorder(DVC)

Thanks for the help and software links!

Mike
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The problem with roxio could be (though I am by FAR no expert) a software conflict. if you are using windows XP, have you turned off the built-in burning capability?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Roxio and Nero can not be on machine at same time.  Roxio has conflicts with just about all other burning programs.  Nero will capture from your VCR, Digital Cam, etc.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
That all make sense.  Thanks, ill have to decide what one to use.

To help me out what do you all like the the best?

Mike
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally like Nero best, seems the easiest to use, and has a wide array of compatibility with drives.  Be sure to download the updates on the Nero website.  If you are having a problem with Nero, the updates will take care of the problem the majority of the time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Nero works great. IMG burning tool makes burning a "backed up" DVD EASY! IMG Burning tool uses nero but its a really simple interface to use. And DVD shrink is an excellent choice to use for backing up your personal movies. Back up all your stuff, put them somewhere safe , maybe a gun safe, and there ya go. You have backups of your flicks incase something happens to them. ie kids stepping on and breaking them, dog chews them up, friends borrow them and don't return them etc.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#6]
use nero, 86 roxio, imho.  dvdshrink has a decrypter built in.  that with nero are an excellent combo for backing up your movies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top