Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 6:03:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Real Nasty worm on a back Up Cd But I have all my Personal Files on the Cd.  If I simply put this Cd in my drive My Computer Will Get infected right away. Norton Scanned over it many Times and it was UN able to find it. My Spy Ware Program (spy sweeper found the Worm hidden in a Trojan virus/Spy ware Program. I found the file scanned The File with Norton Yep Its A worm. If you Have Any Ideas on How I can remove this file from a back up Cd with out my computer getting infected I probably could make you a copy of the worm And Put It on A Cd. I don’t want to be responsible emailing this Bad Boy.  I think the program Imbedded its self in a Program file start.exe the only way to remove it is to Format Your Hard Drive

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top