Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2023 12:39:59 PM EDT
We have a new camper and it doesn't have a dvd player in it like our last one so I'm looking for ways to play movies that doesn't require internet.

I can rip the DVDs into video files but most players that I'm seeing only stream movies.  I need something with a USB port preferably or built in storage.

Catch is I need it to have an RF remote as well as we won't have line of site to it when using the outside TV.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for a TV with Roku on it.  It will play most media files off a USB device (ie. HDD).
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It's got three TVs in it that are networked with HDMI over ethernet so I need something that will plug into our video switch and stream to all tvs.  

Looks like the Roku ultra still supports USB drives so I'll probably just pick on of those up.  I thought I had looked and they took the USB support off all the other ones.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
You can setup a NAS with all of your movies, videos, music, etc and use a raspberrypi with OSMC (open source media center). Add a TV and enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top