Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2020 3:13:49 PM EDT
I've been playing with a Dell R210 ii server.  I slapped M server 2019 on it.

I am running a minecraft server.

About every 30 hours or so, I wiggle the mouse and see I am at the lock screen. When I log in, I see:

Error Code (ID) 41, Wicrosoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Is there a log somewhere I can lok at to see what the problem is?  The server IS on a UPS.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Evt41 is an unexpected power loss.. we usually see it when a battery dies without going through a proper sleep or hibernate transition.  On Win Server, I'd say you have a flaky UPS, AC outlet, or the PSU on the server itself could be shitting the bed.  Grab a sleep study (powercfg.exe /sleepstudy) and see what it was actually doing.  Might also want to check for bugcheck logs (a .DMP file in the Windows directory).
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MMcCall:
Evt41 is an unexpected power loss.. we usually see it when a battery dies without going through a proper sleep or hibernate transition.  On Win Server, I'd say you have a flaky UPS, AC outlet, or the PSU on the server itself could be shitting the bed.  Grab a sleep study (powercfg.exe /sleepstudy) and see what it was actually doing.  Might also want to check for bugcheck logs (a .DMP file in the Windows directory).
View Quote

I pulled the hard drive, slapped a new one in,and installed Win server 2012 r2 (What came originally with the server.)

Rock solid now.

It is only going to run a Minecraft server, so it should be fine.  No idea why 2012 wouldnt have power issues, but 2019 does.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Check the bios and all of the firmware. It might need a update to work properly.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check the bios and all of the firmware. It might need a update to work properly.
View Quote

All firmware was updated.  The bios is updated too.  I was hoping to learn Server 2019 with this small server.  I guess I'll have to find a full server to run 2019 on....
Top Top