Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2017 9:34:39 PM EDT
I know how to terminate fiber and have used a previous co-worker's kit.  Looking to buy one of my own now.  What should I be looking for?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know how to terminate fiber and have used a previous co-worker's kit.  Looking to buy one of my own now.  What should I be looking for?
View Quote

We use Liberty AV Solutions kits at work. Our termination volume isn't very high but they seem to hold up well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Will you be terminating only, or terminating and splicing?  If splicing will you be ribonizing?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking at only terminating at this time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
what method are you using? if going with a unicam connector i would go with corning. old school polishing, probably go with systimax. single mode or multi mode? need a lot more info
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what method are you using? if going with a unicam connector i would go with corning. old school polishing, probably go with systimax. single mode or multi mode? need a lot more info
View Quote
Multi mode. As far as method, I am up for suggestions. I have looked at the Corning offerings.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Multi mode. As far as method, I am up for suggestions. I have looked at the Corning offerings.
View Quote
uni cam is fast and easy. it has very good test results too. how much fiber are you doing? where in va?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

uni cam is fast and easy. it has very good test results too. how much fiber are you doing? where in va?
View Quote
Right now we are just doing 18 strands.  Will probably do some more in the future.  A friend of mine owns a fairly large business and i've been building his infrastructure.  It's large enough to necessitate fiber between buildings.  I'm in southwest virginia.

How does this look?

https://www.amazon.com/Corning-Unicam-Fiber-Optic-TKT-UNICAM/dp/B001KWECS8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top