Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 1:38:12 AM EDT
I'm using the mail rules in Outlook Express to separate spam into it's own folder. The rule says that any message with "POTENTIAL SPAM" in the body will get put in the spam folder. This usually works because the AR15.com mail server scans for spam and adds "POTENTIAL SPAM" to the bottom of the message body if it appears to be spam.

My problem is that some of the spam isn't being segregated. I look at the message source and down at the bottom is "POTENTIAL SPAM" just like it should be. Some how the way the message was written, the "POTENTIAL SPAM" notice it not being displayed when I normally read it. I'm guessing it's because they're using HTML in the message.  Since the "POTENTIAL SPAM" notice isn't being displayed, the filter misses it.

Anyone know how to get Outlook Express to see the "POTENTIAL SPAM" notice in those types of messages so the filtering system will work?  Any other suggestions on how to filter spam?

Thanks

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top