Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 2:42:55 PM EDT
My old targus backpack has just about had it, one of the backpack straps is half torn off, it's a mess, so I need a new bag.  I am pretty sure I want another backpack since I haven't found a single strap bag I liked at all.  I have browsed through worstbuy and won'tsons leather, and tried searching online but so far haven't found anything I like.  A problem I am having is search overload.  No matter what search terms I choose, there are either 12 million hits or zero, and I am no closer to my goal.  So, I am starting with a (relatively) clean slate and asking for suggestions from arfcom.  

Loose requirements:
Prefer integrated padding rather than a sleeve for the LT, and more padding is better than less.
I carry a fair amount of stuff with my laptop, some tools, etc. so I need pockets/organizers in addition to just the laptop carry.
Must be at least a little water resistant - I am not taking it diving, but I don't want to have to panic if I feel a raindrop or two.
Would like to carry a 32oz Nagene bottle.
I have a fairly small laptop now, but have been thinking bigger, so would like to fit a 17" or smaller
This is a big one: Must have worthwhile shoulder straps and padding.  So many of the packs I have seen are just awesome until you look at the strap and pick them up.  Then they suck.  What I am envisioning is at least quality 3 day pack level shoulder straps.

So, what do you use, and what do you like or dislike about it?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My old targus backpack has just about had it, one of the backpack straps is half torn off, it's a mess, so I need a new bag.  I am pretty sure I want another backpack since I haven't found a single strap bag I liked at all.  I have browsed through worstbuy and won'tsons leather, and tried searching online but so far haven't found anything I like.  A problem I am having is search overload.  No matter what search terms I choose, there are either 12 million hits or zero, and I am no closer to my goal.  So, I am starting with a (relatively) clean slate and asking for suggestions from arfcom.  

Loose requirements:
Prefer integrated padding rather than a sleeve for the LT, and more padding is better than less.
I carry a fair amount of stuff with my laptop, some tools, etc. so I need pockets/organizers in addition to just the laptop carry.
Must be at least a little water resistant - I am not taking it diving, but I don't want to have to panic if I feel a raindrop or two.
Would like to carry a 32oz Nagene bottle.
I have a fairly small laptop now, but have been thinking bigger, so would like to fit a 17" or smaller
This is a big one: Must have worthwhile shoulder straps and padding.  So many of the packs I have seen are just awesome until you look at the strap and pick them up.  Then they suck.  What I am envisioning is at least quality 3 day pack level shoulder straps.

So, what do you use, and what do you like or dislike about it?

View Quote

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1005550&gclid=CKiuxZWdnMMCFfNZ7AodV10ASw&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Good overall bag.  Lots of space.  Many compartments.  Decent quality shoulder straps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top